Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Enigma success!

Old 10-25-2006, 08:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Enigma success!

look at Deception, It replaced Fall Brown,
Just to be clear here, Fall Brown was not replaced by Deception. It was phased out because it was deemed too close a pattern to Fall Gray, which it really was. The only difference in Fall Brown and Fall Gray was the base color (background, if you will...) was more of a creamy tan than the "whitish" base of FG.

Carry on.
Old 10-25-2006, 08:22 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: muzzyman88....

The bottom line is, wear what you want and have fun doing it. Heck, my grandfather used to shoot deer all the time with a bow in old red and plaid Woolrich clothes. Kinda makes this whole camo debate silly.
No, not silly, that Woolrich plaid was the original open pattern. Deer don't see the red, as red, it broke up the human outline, actually a really good pattern, just "hidden" hunters like archers could get the concept of wearing red into the woods, they can't get the concept that deer wouldn't see the color the same way we see it.
Old 10-25-2006, 08:26 PM

they can't get the concept that deer wouldn't see the color the same way we see it.
Nor do they see camo the same way we do. The big name brands are made to appeal to our eyes, not deer. Open patterns have little shelf appeal, buthigh effectiveness.

Carry on.

Old 10-25-2006, 08:40 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

look at Deception, It replaced Fall Brown,
Just to be clear here, Fall Brown was not replaced by Deception. It was phased out because it was deemed too close a pattern to Fall Gray, which it really was. The only difference in Fall Brown and Fall Gray was the base color (background, if you will...) was more of a creamy tan than the "whitish" base of FG.

Carry on.
And that's the shame, I don't think I'd ever own the Deception but I was a fan of the Fall Brown, I'd sooner wear the Fall Brown before all other Predator choices, the closest to an all season pattern they had. That was my choice when ASAT was no longer available....as close as I could get. Then ASAT came back, now Enigma...it's a good time to be a bowhunter and like I said, the future will be surprising.
Old 10-25-2006, 09:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

But for 99.9% of the bowhunters who hunt out of a treestand, the Fall Gray IS a better choice than the Fall Brown -- and exactly why it won out over its stablemate. Skies tend to be more grayish-white than creamy brown.

it's a good time to be a bowhunter ...
I couldn't agree more. God, I love this sport of ours. Best of luck to everyone out there, regardless of what you're wearing!
Old 10-25-2006, 09:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Buell, very well done sir. I've never killed two deer in the same sitting (not because I haven't tried). I don't care what anyone says, that is impressive.

Old 10-25-2006, 09:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Buell, very well done sir.
Hear, hear... Congratulations, sir!
Old 10-25-2006, 09:15 PM
Boone & Crockett

Yup, You know I own Fall Grey (good camo for the right circumstance) you've seen the video of me taking a buck with it on, that may have been the last time I wore it. It's one of many camo patterns that I own that took a back seat.

Speaking of video, I'm still making copies, I'll resend it, I promise. Hell just think Greg, in 09 we'll probably both be wearing pitch black in the blinds for Pronghorns, what do we do then...lol [8D] Perhaps I'll just have to stalk one open country with a bow....maybe.
Old 10-25-2006, 09:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Hell just think Greg, in 09 we'll probably both be wearing pitch black in the blinds for Pronghorns, what do we do then...lol [8D] Perhaps I'll just have to stalk one open country with a bow....maybe.
Hey come on now Rob, Greg, there's no need to hold out. I've got the places and the people to put together a GREAT goat hunt in the sage brush of Wyoming... how about '07?
Old 10-25-2006, 09:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

OK... Forget it, buell -- this thing is completey hijacked now! [8D]

Sounds good to me dwd... except for one thing: it's taking me until 2009 to save my money for that hunt!

Quick Reply: Enigma success!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.