Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 WHAT IS THE BEST ARROW TO BUY? >

WHAT IS THE BEST ARROW TO BUY?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

WHAT IS THE BEST ARROW TO BUY?

Old 10-24-2006, 10:09 PM
Spike

Default WHAT IS THE BEST ARROW TO BUY?

IM LOOKING ON BUYING ARROWS. IS THE CARBON EXPRESS 350 MAXIMA THE BEST ARROWS AROUND?
Old 10-24-2006, 10:21 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: WHAT IS THE BEST ARROW TO BUY?

Gold tip pro-Xcutters in my opinion. they are as strait as any arrow on the market and have worked well for me. pretty pricey though.
Old 10-25-2006, 04:28 AM

For a hunting arrow I would stick with either the Gold Tip XT Hunter, or the Carbon Express Maxima Hunter. Both are excellent arrows, and have all the qualities one would look for in a hunting arrow.
Now, if you are looking for a 3D arrow, that is a different story.
Old 10-25-2006, 06:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

An arrow that is spined right for your bow and fits your pocketbook. You want arrow for hunting or 3D?

I don't know that I'd want to spend $150.00 on Maximas.

For 3D, at one time I was looking at the X10 shaft. I asked how much they were and I about fainted. I was told around $500.00 for a dozen.
The most I've spent is $75 for the Beman 9.3, which I still use for 3D. For hunting, I use Goldtip Hunters. I was thinking about getting the ST Epics. A friend of mine Robin Hooded one of his St Epics. Man, that sucker held well! It didn't splinter at all. You could see the way the carbon fibers were layered. I was impressed.
Old 10-25-2006, 06:18 AM
Dominant Buck

Well, I was switching back to aluminum arrow when the shop owner talked me into Easton's Full Metal Jackets. They are a hybird between carbon and aluminum. So far they are great arrows. Still haven't decided to kill anything yet. I'll let you know. When I do shoot a buck I have to kill two does. So I'm bringing three arrows with me to take care of it right away.
Old 10-25-2006, 06:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am currently shooting the Easton ST Epic. They are a lot cheaper than the Maxima's and Goldtip XT Hunters and I see little difference in accuracy (have shot all of them). I really like the hidden insert technology, their toughness and penetration. I hit a deer too far forward this year and it still broke the leg bone and pentrated both sides of the chest cavity (go Muzzy). The deer only went 60 yards before expiring. I prefer the Goldtip XT hunter over the Maxima's because I had a hard time keeping the Maxima inserts glued in. They had a bit of a lip that extended beyond the outer wall of the shaft that caught when pulling the arrow out. I also had one break the very first time it was shot. Carbon Express replaced the arrow but I never felt as confident about the shafts after that.
Old 10-25-2006, 06:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: kwilson16

I am currently shooting the Easton ST Epic.I really like the hidden insert technology, their toughness and penetration.
If your arrows have H.I.T., then they are the Axis, not the Epic. The Epics have regular inserts.
Old 10-25-2006, 07:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have the GoldTip Hunters XT and I really like them. Very, very durable arrow.
Old 10-25-2006, 07:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry, the EPIC hasthe high precision precision (HP) insert not hidden insert technology (HIT).

Je le regrette beaucoup.
Old 10-25-2006, 07:42 AM

Any arrow which does not leave the caps lock on

I'm still in a quandary as to what it really means to be a "great" hunting shaft.

i think the best shaft would include the ability not to be lost

Quick Reply: WHAT IS THE BEST ARROW TO BUY?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.