Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 rut activity  in MD! >

rut activity in MD!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

rut activity in MD!

Old 10-24-2006, 02:31 PM

Default RE: rut activity in MD!

lots ofstrapes and rubs her on pax river in southern mayland.
Old 10-24-2006, 03:20 PM

Im over in Kent County, and Ive got a massive rub-line and about a half dozen active scrapes on my farm...
Old 10-24-2006, 06:00 PM

I was out in Washington County last Friday and Saturday for October muzzleloader and I had a five point showing some strong interest in a doe. She wasn't annoyed at his attention at all, and actually followed him as much as he followed her. I hit the grunt tube and brought him into 20 yards from my stand, where he made a scrape to vent his frustration. [&:]

I didn't see any other scrapes though, and no rubs either. The rut is beginning there, but there's still at least a couple of weeks to go before it really gets going.
Old 10-25-2006, 05:59 AM

seen alot of small bucks doing alot of moving but nothing big yet !!!!!!!havnt looked for rubs or scrapes yet but im sure there out there!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-25-2006, 08:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

A lot of activity from the young guns. Always a good sign of things to come. Won't be too long till the big boys start pushing these youngsters to the curb!!

Old 11-01-2006, 07:18 AM
Spike

I assume the rut has started. A friend of mine keeps his hunting clothes outside on his screenedpatio. He has been using tinks 69 buck lure lately. He poors it on his boots beforewalking to his stand. Needless to say, his boots smell real bad. Anyway, the other night a six pointer came through his screened porch and made quite a mess before figuring a way out. I can only assume he was attracted to the lure.
Old 11-01-2006, 09:14 AM
Spike

whitehair, where in kent county do you hunt? I live in betterton and hunt there and a farm outside chestertown.
Old 11-01-2006, 09:19 AM
Dominant Buck

YUP, the last two times I was out bucks were chasing does. Monday I had two basket racks and a button chasing this lone doe all around me. Watched both bucks chase each other and the button. Watched them both posture and do battle with some trees.Could have shot them both a half dozen times. Big guys never showed up. The time before that I had 5 bucks chasing a harem around. Two were really nice bucks with width and massbut never came within bow range. This weekend the weather is suppose to cool again and should be good..... except I'm leaving for Ohio. Oh well..... maybe someone will get them. Len has been holding out for a big one and passed on several also.
Old 11-01-2006, 12:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm seeing some scrapes now, and FINALLY a few rubs. After seeing mostly does since the beginning of the season, I've seen nothing but bucks the last two mornings. Could've easily shot two of them and I called the other one in to 50 yards. They were all small racked and need more time before they'll be targets for me. I'm hopeful that this cololer weather headed this way will really get them moving. It's been way too warm this week. I hope the cool weather isn't going to include wind, but I know how aggravating MD weather is.
Old 11-01-2006, 01:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have not seen any buck activity while hunting but they are starting to show up laying dead along the highways so I guess something is happening.

Quick Reply: rut activity in MD!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.