Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Who uses G5 Montecs? >

Who uses G5 Montecs?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Who uses G5 Montecs?

Old 10-23-2006, 05:36 PM
Fork Horn

Default Who uses G5 Montecs?

What experience have ya'll had with these and what kind of blood trails did you get?
Old 10-23-2006, 05:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Who uses G5 Montecs?

i do, i use montec g5 100gr, 3 blade

i highly recommend them, best broad head ive ever used, they go right through deer, and i shoot better with them on than with feild tips.

Old 10-23-2006, 05:56 PM
Boone & Crockett

I'll let you know after I shoot my first deer with them . I'm using them this year. They shoot just as good as field tips.
Old 10-23-2006, 06:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

I been using them a 2 years now. They fly great and really hold up. Only draw back is they are not very sharp out of the box. A super sharp blade is critical so every thing it comes in contact with gets sliced. Adull blade will actually move things aside making only a hole. Get em sharp guys. The G5 strikers are super sharp out of the box.
Old 10-23-2006, 06:17 PM
Boone & Crockett

Son just got a nice doe with them last week. Complete passthrough, but he did slide the broad head between the ribs on both sides. He's pulling about 54 lbs. REally good blood trail and recovery within 100 yrads.
Old 10-23-2006, 06:29 PM

I shot a 6 pointer this year with a montec, a complete passthrough, the blood trail was good right from the point of impact to the deer which was 30 yards away. I really like the montecs as they are easy to sharpen and very durable, I gave my old thunderheads away as i wont be needing them any more, they were also very good heads.
Old 10-23-2006, 06:35 PM

You also dont have to worry about getting cut on a blade that broke off in a deer
Old 10-23-2006, 06:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'll let you know after I shoot my first deer with them
Same here, I just bought some for the first time!!
Old 10-23-2006, 06:56 PM

I'm on my third year now. I've killed 7 deer, a ram and a goat with them. All nine animals complete pass through and awesome blood trails. The longest an animal traveled was 100 yards - the ram on a too high hit. We trailed him to his bed, krept around and finished him off.

Use a flat stone and follow the sharpening directions - use the leather strip too! I keep a flat stone and leather strip in my bow case and touch up the edge every other trip to the woods.

These heads are extremely tough too - I've hit rocks and trees after the pass through and the heads, after some sharpening, are ready to go - absolutely straight. I've killed three animals with the same arrow and head.

I bought some tekans for fall turkeys this year. They arrived in the mail one afternoon and I shot a turkey at noon the next day - it traveled 15 yards and was done. I'm pretty impressed with them too so far. I use open on impact heads on turkeys - the feathers always open mechs.
Old 10-23-2006, 07:00 PM
Fork Horn

Just switched to them this year. I will let you know how the blood trail is after I arrow one. They fly great though.

Quick Reply: Who uses G5 Montecs?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.