Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Kids/Wives Bowhunting??? >

Kids/Wives Bowhunting???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Kids/Wives Bowhunting???

Old 10-22-2006, 09:49 PM

Default Kids/Wives Bowhunting???

Hey, how many of you have and/or intend to take your spouse and/or kides out bowhunting w/ you??
Old 10-22-2006, 10:48 PM

Default RE: Kids/Wives Bowhunting???

Count me in..... They are my favorite people to have with me.

Old 10-23-2006, 01:13 AM
Typical Buck

Nothing like hunting with kids

All the anticapation and practiceing make the bond grow so strong between you and your son/daughter
Then to see them take there first big game animal literaly will bring tears to your eyes

My son is already talking about next year. we shoot about everyday in the yard, its our time. And IMHO it is something that is lacking in our youths of today. Kill your TV don't buy them the X-box. get them a bow and arrows for christmas and get back to what life should be.

Old 10-23-2006, 05:43 AM

Amen to that Rich!

I fully intend on taking the two kids I have now and the one on the way hunting as much as I possibly can as soon as they are old enough. My daugther was 6 last year and she sat with me a few times. It was *her* hunt though, so when she got bored, we got out. She made it for 3 hours, almost til legal shooting time was up the last time out, so I was happy with that.

As soon as they are old enough to possess a weapon responsibly, they will have their own tags to fill as well.

It will get expensive for me though, my daughter has already stated that her first deer WILL be made entirely to jerky and slim jims. Well, can't blame her for that, it's her deer, she can do what she wants with it when she gets it. [&:]I don't care how much it costs if it makes her appreciate and have a passion for the outdoors.
Old 10-23-2006, 06:33 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Buck Huntin Girl

Amen to that Rich!

It will get expensive for me though, my daughter has already stated that her first deer WILL be made entirely to jerky and slim jims.
LOL thats exactly what happened to me this year. I had a nice 265.00 bill at the butchershop and we have lots of slim jims and jerky I told My boy he needs to get a job. LOL
Old 10-23-2006, 11:07 AM

i take my spouse hunting every year......

ok now really...i took my daughter out last year and she couldn't sit still to save her life, was bored out of her mind, and whined the whole time. so she isn't going this year. i'm going to be patient and wait for her to tell me if and when she wants to go back out.
Old 10-23-2006, 11:18 AM

Currently I take my kids small game hunting, they are too small to sit still while bowhunting. And to be honest right now bowhunting for me is one of my escape areas where i get to be alone with myself and have some peace and quiet.

My oldest is 8, he has a kids bow right now but i am looking to move him up into a more serious bow that he will be able to hunt with when he is 12. My wife is interested in getting a bow too but only for target shooting.
Old 10-24-2006, 02:59 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Bowtech Joe

My wife is interested in getting a bow too but only for target shooting.
Man your a lucky guy. My wifeis a tree huggin bunny hugger. LOL Every year we fight over hunting and how its cruel and all that crap. I just tell her there's the door but your welcome to come or just get a bow and shoot. Target archery is a sport. but she always says something along the lines "yea a blood sport" HEHEHHEHE fUNNY THING IS ALL MY KIDS LOVE WILD GAME AND HUNTING. She has lost the battle. LOL But I still love her. we just don't talk to each other most of the hunting season. Its a nice break. As long as the boy friends gone before I get back from elk camp we'll be ok. LOL
Old 10-24-2006, 03:13 AM
Dominant Buck

Hey, how many of you have and/or intend to take your spouse and/or kides out bowhunting w/ you??

LOL My wife is an anti hunter. She's not active or anything but would rather all the animals live. She likes the peace and quiet when I'm gone so she doesn't mind me hunting. She also enjoys the venison so she might be classified as an anti hypocrite..

My son's would rather play video games. My oldest son is Mr. Macho eat nails for breakfast type. I talked him into going hunting once.LOL I dropped him off in his stand at 5:00AM in a Florida swamp. No more Mr. Macho. He was scared to death. We have a lot of noises in our swamp.
So I still hunt alone.

He;s going to try it again this year.I hope he scores so I can get him hooked. That would be good for him.
Old 10-24-2006, 03:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

not my kids, the one will never go into the woods, she's 19 and i cant make her do it anymore, lol.......the other one, well she's having a tough time and will probably be in jail soon, giving her a weapon is not a very good choice, at this time, maybe she'll straighten up....the hubby , well he got out there a few times so far this year.

Quick Reply: Kids/Wives Bowhunting???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.