Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Slick Trick blades fit loose? >

Slick Trick blades fit loose?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Slick Trick blades fit loose?

Old 10-19-2006, 09:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Slick Trick blades fit loose?

Has anybody noticed the 2006 blades don't seem to fit tight together? Even when I use a broadhead wrench the blades seem to move around a little. When i tap my quiver full of slick tricks there is a vibration caused by the fact that they locktight together.

They still shoot great but I wish they locked down tight. Or am I doing something wrong?
Old 10-20-2006, 06:54 AM

Default RE: Slick Trick blades fit loose?

I don't have the '06 version, but I have packs for the past 3 years. All fit tight, but you do have to use the small washer that comes with them. I initially thought I could get away without it and just have them fit up flush to the broadhead adapter ring (I shoot Axis 340 arrows), but they were slightly loose on that. Once the washer was used everything was tight. When getting the broadhead to spin true, I found that the small washer can help get them aligned by loosening the head, spinning the washer a fraction of a turn, then tightening back down.
Old 10-20-2006, 08:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

I recently swapped out all of my blades with the new German blades and found that they all were tight with no slop- I use the washers.

While swapping them out I noticed some of my old ones had a rounded rear edge that sits inside the furrel and most were squared off. I bet the rounded ones were the loose ones.

The new German blades have a larger ground edgeand are super scary sharp. I compared several to the old blades and each one was slightly larger from outside edge to outside edge. Maybe a couple of 32" wider overall.

I did use the old washers on some arrows to make thebladesline up the way I like ( 2verticle, 2 horizontal) the newer washers are a tad taller than the old.
Old 10-20-2006, 08:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

At one point I had one that didn't seem like it fit tight, and then I realized that I failed to put the washer on that particular arrow. I have 13 slick tricks and they all fit tight as of last night.
Old 10-20-2006, 09:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

My old ones fit together real good and so do the new ones. They are a little hard to put together without getting cut though! Use caution with the new blades, they are REALLY SHARP!
Old 10-20-2006, 12:11 PM

had a buddy w/ the same issue, his blades were replaced.
Old 10-20-2006, 12:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

The only thing I noticed is that they are really, really sharp. I like that a lot!
Old 10-20-2006, 12:56 PM
mez
Nontypical Buck

I have the 06 125gr magnum heads and all of mine fit tight. I'm using the enclosed washers as well. Scary sharp is an understatement. They stay sharp as well, like nothing I have ever seen.
Old 10-20-2006, 02:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have the 06 blades and they fit tight for me
Old 10-20-2006, 03:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have the 06 blades and mine fit nice and tight. Are you using the washer that comes with them?

Quick Reply: Slick Trick blades fit loose?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.