Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How many times have you hunted this year? >

How many times have you hunted this year?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How many times have you hunted this year?

Old 10-19-2006, 09:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: How many times have you hunted this year?

Most of you are lucky!! Due to my Manitoba Waterfowl Hunt, Work and Family I have been out once! This sucks!
Old 10-19-2006, 10:03 PM

I have ben out for 2 hunts so far and no luck.But this happens to me every year here in michigan.So this year i am taken it easy until oct 30.Thats about the time I start seeing the Big Bucks come out anyways. Its tuff, because every time I see a leaf fall off a tree I want to go hunting.But like I tell my hunting buddes,I am waiting for the pre rut and when it hits I know where I will be and until then the deer can run around my treestands all day and all night.I am not looking to shot 4 or 6 pointers I let them pass.I am waiting for the big one.I can always put meet in the frig in gun season.
Old 10-20-2006, 02:47 AM
Boone & Crockett

Other than an elk hunt the 1st week of Sept I have only been out once and that doesn't look to increase much, very depressed over this.
Old 10-20-2006, 04:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

Every day but 1 maybe two days since Sept 16th.
Old 10-20-2006, 05:16 AM
Spike

Opened 10/1. Hunted 3 mornings(seen deer everytime), either not legal or no shot. Hunted 2 evenings,(have not seen a deer). Scouted 1 evening and 2 mornings.
Old 10-20-2006, 05:38 AM
Fork Horn

I have been out 8 times since our early opening day here in Nj on September 9th.8 times out and killed 3 deer. 2 Mature doe and an 8 pointer. Now I can not kill another Buck until October 28th. I am hunting every night though in my dreams.... man do I wake up tired.
DW
Old 10-20-2006, 05:53 AM

I have hunted 12 days this year and our season opened on sept 30th. I got 1 doe so far and have 3 more tags available to fill. I get out most days after work. I work 6am- 2pm and can be in my stand in about 45 minutes. I love those hours. And of course I hunt all day on saturdays, no sunday hunting here in PA.
Old 10-20-2006, 06:19 AM
Typical Buck

Seaon started Sept 15th, was in the woods every night except one till Oct 3 when I ran out of tags. I've been scouting pretty hard for my son, who gets hiscrack at his first deer tomorrow...sposed to be brutally windy though.

To you guys with the little ones running around, time flies by so quickly. Before you know it those kiddos of yours will grown and you willmiss the timewhen they were little guys (I know I do.)
Old 10-20-2006, 10:49 AM

Been out 13 times since opener on October 1 - seen multiple deer every time but twice.

Most everyone here seems fairly dedicated to bowhunting - but I'm surprised to see many have only been out a handful of times - come on boys - if this is your passion - you gotta find a way to get out there. Okay - back to reality, kids, wife, work, bills....

Here is a somwhat related question, how many keep a journal/log/diary of each hunt? I've been doing this lately and I find it really helps to pattern the deer movement, times of movement, etc.

Old 10-20-2006, 11:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

qzq38b...at least you got out there and brought a lil something home....preseason scouting...
Kill a Buck first time next year...Good Huntin 2 Ya

Quick Reply: How many times have you hunted this year?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.