Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Want to throw up! >

Want to throw up!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Want to throw up!

Old 10-19-2006, 07:03 PM

Default Want to throw up!

Hey guys hope the season is going well. Went out this evening hoping for my first buck with a bow. and boy did I blow it. Had a real nice 10 point come in 30 yards turned broadside and his head was behind a tree so I pulled back and split my 20 and 30 yard pin right on his vitals and sent the arrow through the air. Watched my arrow fly right over his back and the buck just bolted out of there. I just wanted to throw up and still do. The worst feeling Ive ever felt. I have no clue how I missed this buck. I just hope i get another chance.Do you guys think he will be back?
Old 10-19-2006, 07:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Want to throw up!

Good chance he will return if he didn't see or smell you. Since he just got spooked by the noise of the shot he might be back.
Old 10-19-2006, 07:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

Clean miss, he'll be around.
Old 10-19-2006, 07:11 PM

Buy a Keller Pendulum sight and don't look back. Works great. Too many times I (and others) misjudge distance, pick the wrong pin, etc. With a Keller sight there is NO guesswork! Simply put the pin on his shoulder and shoot. The sight does all the calculations for you. I love mine and would never again hunt without it.
Old 10-19-2006, 07:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Happened to me a couple years back.
My nephew killed him a few weeks later about 1/4 mile away on the same ridge. He will be around there.
Old 10-19-2006, 07:29 PM
Fork Horn

Had the same thing happen to me 10yrs ago, I STILL CANT SLEEP SOMETIMES!!!! someday I might get over it. I have to agree, If a tree branch breaks off of a tree in the woods when a big buck is close by, I doubt he will never return to that spot again. As long as he didnt see you or smell you he probably just got a little too startled to stick around. HE WILL BE BACK, good luck and I hope we are reading a new post soon of a BIG 10PT DOWN. I dont know if this helps any, but try to position your stand about 50yds away from that point on his same travel route, I read somewhere that sometimes that is all it takes.
Old 10-19-2006, 07:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

could be worse.....coulda wounded him and never found him.....talk about being sick...good luck gettin him.
Old 10-19-2006, 09:11 PM
Typical Buck

He'll be back. I see alot of forums on here with the "will he be back" title and it always make me think of when I was just starting to bowhunt. Back then i really didn't realize what the rut was and I ended up having a 6 point come in to some doe pee. I missed that deer 4 times,whether you believe it or not, in 5 minutes. He gave me the opportunity to knock and shoot 4 arrows while he was watching and never cared. A week later, I shot him 10 yards in the same stand
Old 10-19-2006, 09:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

[8D]You should be OK, except for your pride!!!!
Old 10-20-2006, 12:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

scoobie is right!! Also a rangefinder with built in angle figureing out thing

Quick Reply: Want to throw up!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.