Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Scent Dripper's

Old 10-19-2006, 01:25 PM

Default Scent Dripper's

I am going to use a scent dripper for the first time--Thus I am really not accustome to the best practices. I hae heard that some people make mock scrapes and hang them above the scrape. Is this the best way of utilizing this tool.

Let me know your sucess stories and tactics.

Thanks

Cb
Old 10-19-2006, 01:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Scent Dripper's

i use them to cover my scent, i put one behind me, one to the left,right and front... i could be in the woods with no camo on and eating white castle and the deer wont smell me, plus just hanging some on a tree may attract deer, along with mock scrapes
Old 10-19-2006, 01:35 PM

My friend bought one last year and hung it over a scrape. he killed 2 deer from that stand and neither one of them even checked the scrape. Actually he said not the first deer even came back to freshen the scrape. Oh well. I know its still hanging in the woods, he just left it. Cause I saw it before bow season this year. Oh well
Old 10-19-2006, 03:02 PM

Buy the combo kit, it has a book that explains everything. However, I would recommend trying it somewhere that has a lot of does or young bucks. I don't use the stuff anymore because I watched a good 8 point literally run off as soon as he got wind of the stuff. And yes, I'm positive he did not wind me because of the way I was positioned.
Old 10-19-2006, 03:37 PM
swanny evans

In the past i have had success getting bucks to come to mock scrapes so i decided to try the scent dripper out this year. I've only gottin to hunt over it one day but i did see that it is working because at about 12:14 in the afternoon i did a call series of a few grunts and bleats. Within minutes i had a six pointer standing in the scrape with a button buck behind him. I put up a game cam over that scrape so when i check it in about a week i'll see if anything bigger is coming to it.

Old 10-19-2006, 08:10 PM
Typical Buck

I put up a game cam over that scrape so when i check it in about a week i'll see if anything bigger is coming to it.
Sweet...keep us updated on the results of the camera!!