Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 coyotes chasing deer >

coyotes chasing deer

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

coyotes chasing deer

Old 10-19-2006, 04:24 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: coyotes chasing deer

Shoot everyone you see becuase you will never kill them all so I shoot them every chance I get. I got two last year so shoot them all.
Old 10-19-2006, 05:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm still waiting to see one. I've thought of shooting a deer and gutting it near my stand and hunt the pile. Has anyone ever tried that with any success?

Tom
Old 10-19-2006, 06:41 AM
Typical Buck

Our retired gamey even had an unwritten rule see a yote kill a yote 365 days a year!
Old 10-19-2006, 07:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Shooting one and leaving it lay in the woods would be amore naturaluse of itthan shooting one and having it mounted and then putting the carcass in the land fill, if that aspect concerns you.
Old 10-19-2006, 07:34 AM
Typical Buck

No closed season on em here, and I pop every one I see. Got one last year that was manged out bad. I was gonna throw him on the ATV and have him mounted until I saw him. He was buzzard bait. If you don't mess em up to bad with a shot, trappers may give you a few bucks for them...
Old 10-19-2006, 08:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

A coyote can bite an arrow in two with NO problem. We've got it on film, a coyote doing that very thing. It was an aluminum arrow too!
They can go a long ways after being hit by an arrow, and will leave little blood, because all that fur really soaks it up. Good luck in finding it!
Old 10-19-2006, 09:06 AM

Killing coyotes has become the favorite pastime of my father in law! He retired last year and now carries his rifle with him wherever he goes on the farm. Seems like he kills at least 1 per week and yet they keep coming and coming.
Old 10-19-2006, 09:38 AM

I agree with most everyone on here kill as many as you can whenever you can they are way overpopulated in most places and will kill alot of fawns. As for letting them lay, we never pick up the maingy ones let the buzzards have them, but if you do get a few with some nice fur, you can make a little extra cash selling them.