Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Best Hunting Vest (Safety) ? >

Best Hunting Vest (Safety) ?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Best Hunting Vest (Safety) ?

Old 10-17-2006, 06:59 PM
Spike

Default Best Hunting Vest (Safety) ?

[blockquote]I'm in the market for a hunting safety vest. After I fell last month putting up a hang on, I think its time. Luckly I only injured my leg and not my back and or neck. Slow learner I guess. Whats the best out there? I see Cabelas has the HSS vest which looks like it would do the trick. Plus you can get the optional linemans rope so you have some safety while actually climbing the tree. Which is probably where most injuries happen.I was also looking at the Gorrilla vest at Wal Mart. Which is much cheaper, but I know sometimes you get what you pay for. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks, JT

[/blockquote]
Old 10-17-2006, 07:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Best Hunting Vest (Safety) ?

Loggy Bayou Transformer. I love mine and it is one of the cheaper ones out there. It is also lighter and much less bulky, one of the easiest to get into, plus it is modular and you can buy components for it like a fanny pack, quiver, etc. that you can buy seperately. It also carries your binoculars like the crooked horn binoc harness.
Old 10-17-2006, 07:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Oh by the way that Hss vest is a good one. Be safe and good luck.
Old 10-17-2006, 09:38 PM

I like the HSS vest system. I am not sure what the others here think about it, but I also like the fall guy retractor system. The 20 ' will get you up and down safely.
Old 10-17-2006, 10:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I bought a HSS vest about three years ago, and I think I've worn it maybe half a dozen times. Every time I wear it, I remember why I don't wear it. For the life of me, I can't understand why they thought they had to put seat belt buckles on the leg straps. It makes it way to heavy and those buckles will hit stuff and make noise. I just bought a Seat of the Pants harness and I'm liking it a little better. I'm trying to make myself get into the habit of using it.
Old 10-17-2006, 10:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like my HSS. I have had the buckles make a little noise once from my cam on the bow. I have to keep that in mind but I still like it as far as ease of use.
Old 10-17-2006, 11:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

HHS is the best around IMO , i like the design of how if u fall it lets u down slower then just a fall and bang u hangin......and its comfortable and light wieght
Old 10-18-2006, 01:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rick James

Loggy Bayou Transformer. I love mine and it is one of the cheaper ones out there. It is also lighter and much less bulky, one of the easiest to get into, plus it is modular and you can buy components for it like a fanny pack, quiver, etc. that you can buy seperately. It also carries your binoculars like the crooked horn binoc harness.
Ditto on the loggy bayou transformer. cheap andsimple,yet its all you need.
Old 10-18-2006, 05:31 AM

I also prefer the hunter safety system. I think it is the most bang for your buck. I have the reversible model that is camo on one side and blaze orange on the other. I wear mine all season long, even when I'm not hunting from the treestand. Because it has a d-ring built in to it that allows you to attach a strap for dragging your deer out. Deffinitly one of the best systems out there. I have never had any problems with the seatbelt style buckles. mine are covered up by the fabric in my vest. The reversible one is a little heavier than others but not too heavy. If weight is a concern then have a look at the pro model vest they make or the tree stakler version. They are lighter weight versions of the same harness system in a vest style.
Old 10-18-2006, 05:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

I also use the HSS and I like the slower desent set up in the teather. The seat belt buckles are a bit bulky and can make noise when they contact things. It is very secure and it costs more but your life is more than worth the price!!

Quick Reply: Best Hunting Vest (Safety) ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.