Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hi All

Old 10-17-2006, 05:58 PM
Fork Horn

Default Hi All

I've always wanted to hunt but never got around to it.My wife and I bought 16 acres in the middle of several hundred acres. We are near the end of a 3/4 mile private gravel road. I'm finally going to get to hunt ! Probably not this year since I have so much to learn but with all the things I've learned so here so far next year I'll be ready.I've been out scouting and set up a trail cam. Got this young bucks pic the first night.

Old 10-17-2006, 05:59 PM

Default RE: Hi All

Dude! Welcome aboard!! What do you mean, Not this year????? Shoot man, grab your bow and I would bet that within 2 weeks of good practice you would be able to kill one at 20 yards. Don't sell yoursef short!! Get out there and do it!
Old 10-17-2006, 06:35 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the encouragement. I don't have my bow yet and having never hunted before I've never field dressed anything. I've met some of my neighbors and am trying to hook up with one to show me how.
Old 10-17-2006, 06:37 PM

Man, get to the pro shop and find a bow!! It's getting hot out there right now! The pre rut is just starting to kick in...if you hurry, you can be out there for the best part of the year!! Surely you can find someone to help you dress it, or hey, just wing it. It's not too tough...kinda gross though.
Old 10-17-2006, 06:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Where you located? I bet one of the many fine individuals on here would be happy to come and show you the ropes. Heck if your close enough I'll come help, can I bring my bow? Welcome aboard. Remember it's a heritage of honor, treat is as such and it will give back more than you could ever imagine.
Old 10-17-2006, 06:51 PM
Fork Horn

Welcome aboard!! Bowhunting is one of the biggest thrills and disappointments you will ever experience. Be warned!!! It is highly addictive being in the woods and up close and personal with nature. I do recommend that you prepare well first. Don't rush into buying a bow and run out and try to shoot something. It takes practice, practice, practice. You want to be confident in your shot placement so don't rush it. Read up on this forum and learn all you can. A lot of great peoplewith information can teach you a great deal in here.

Old 10-17-2006, 07:04 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats on the new home with property! Welcome to the forums as well. Good luck!!
Old 10-17-2006, 07:30 PM

congrats on the land ., if there is no way of getting that bow this year., take a camra out and sit and take some pics., it will give you some idea of how close and exciting it will be ., remeber go to your local pro shop and have them set you up., good luck and welcome!
Old 10-17-2006, 10:57 PM
Fork Horn

I'm in Kentucky, half way between Cincinnati,OH and Lexington,KY. My plan is kinda what mnsqueeze and flyinfeathers suggested.Go out and get a feel for everything and practice until I feel I'm truely ready.I work 3 to midnight so I'm I've been out scouting quite a bit during the day.Sometimes almost forget to get back home and go to work.
Thanks for all your advice so far. I'm sure I'll have questions to ask if I can't find answers through a search first.

Rob
Old 10-17-2006, 11:12 PM
Typical Buck

Good luck. Is that your house there in the middle of the woods in the 2nd pic? Very pretty land. I'll tell you what, just send me a plane ticket and a deer tag and I'll be more than happy to come help you!
Brandon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.