Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Quiver on or off? >

Quiver on or off?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
With quiver
25.44%
With out quiver
74.56%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Quiver on or off?

Old 10-16-2006, 05:07 PM

Default RE: Quiver on or off?

I guess the most important aspect of my setup is that my quiver is detachable, but to be honest, I have never taken it off. I might like it off, but I don't really know. Maybe one day I will try it.

Old 10-16-2006, 05:08 PM

It's debatable. I prefer no quiver in a treestand or blind. No torque generated by the off side weight creating cant. I practice all year with no quiver. No need to have the quiver on. You can forget about any time savings by having it on vs having it attached to the tree.

When I spot and stalk I do keep the quiver on. When I commit, I do slide if off the compound before I nock an arrow.

If you're concerned about how quickly you can grab an arrow from the quiver just before you release your first, your mind isn't where it should be. Be sure of your shot, execute the shot and don't worry about the second arrow.
Old 10-16-2006, 05:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have an Alpine Soft-Loc 3 arrow quiver, and even though it's really lightweight, I pop it off once I get settled in. No need to worry about biffing the arrows in the quiver oranything that will cause bow torque.

Butch A.

Old 10-16-2006, 05:18 PM

I shot a Quad 400 (crossbow) with the quiver attached one time......the recoil popped one of the broadheads out of the quiver, which cut the string.....$60 to get that fixed......never fired with one attached since...........but I've never had a problem with a verticle bow.
Old 10-16-2006, 05:23 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: drhntr178

I have always shot with mine off, whether target shooting or hunting. Sometime i wonder why i have one....
What he said!!
Old 10-16-2006, 05:36 PM
Fork Horn

I shoot with out a quiver. It adds extra weight and vibration to your bow. It also gets in the way sometimes. The only advantage is a quick second shot, but you don't always get a second shot.
Old 10-16-2006, 05:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've done it both ways right now mine isn't detachable so i shoot with it on . There is pros and cons to both ways. a little extra mass i think absorbs the shock more. Either way is fine i would just say practice the way you are going to shoot in the field though
Old 10-16-2006, 05:48 PM
Spike

I never shoot with my quiver on unless I am walking to or from my stand and get an oppurtunity. I use a quikie quiver and they make an attachment thatscrews into the tree, its great because you can place it anywhere on the tree you want and its solid soits easy to get the arrows out with one hand. I guess you have to ask yourself how many times have you actually had the chance for aquick follow up shot. I have been a serious bowhunterfor 23 years and I can count two times when Ineeded a follow up shot that I actually could of gotten off. But I can actually tell you with the system I use I believe its just as fast as havingyour quiveron your bow and you don't have to worry about extra noise and vibrationor the arrows hitting anything when your going totake that shot. Good Luck Guys.
Old 10-16-2006, 06:07 PM

To and from my stand I have my quiver attached to my bow but once I am in my stand I hang my quiver up. I like to be able to move around for a shot without having to worry about the feather/vanes hitting anything.
Old 10-16-2006, 06:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

I use the KwikeeQuiver also, but I take it off when hunting like I do when practicing. I don't like having the possibility of it getting in the way or vibrating either. Odds of a second shot are slim to none.

Quick Reply: Quiver on or off?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.