Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Dont Shoot Squirrels >

Dont Shoot Squirrels

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Dont Shoot Squirrels

Old 10-16-2006, 02:01 PM

Default RE: Dont Shoot Squirrels

lol my uncle shot a groundhog and it backed down its hole with the arrow still in him. he said he would have shot again but all he had was broadheads lol. i would have let them fly too.
Old 10-16-2006, 03:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Oh, if only the archives would let us go back more than six years...

You'd be amazed at how the esteemed Greg / MO was vilified for shooting a squirrel when he first joined this honorable establishment... Just be sure and don't mention anything about carrying the squirrel with his weight holding him onto thethe end of your shaft at arm's length until you can find a hammer to put him out of his misery! [8D]

There's probably a handful of old-timers who'll get a laugh out of seeing this post...
Old 10-16-2006, 04:12 PM

Dont start flamin with this post, but, my neighbor had a horrible squirrel problem a few years ago and told me to shoot everyone that was near his house. So, i was out back shootin one day and one of the little buggers came walkin across the yard and i shot it. Went straight up a tree and never did die. 3 days later my other neighbor asked if i had shot one and lost it. I told him i had but asked he new that. He told me he saw it that morning with my arrow still in it in his back yard. I cant believe how strong those things are. Never did get my arrow back though.
Old 10-16-2006, 10:32 PM

Never shoot a field point at any game . Your arrow has to have a head on it . Or the arrow has to
pass through a head .
Old 10-16-2006, 10:41 PM

that is some funny stuff i can just imagine the squirrel runnin up the tree with an arrow stickin out of it, good luck in gettin your arrow back in one piece.
Old 10-17-2006, 03:16 AM
Dominant Buck

I use a shotgun or 22 rifle when I shoot squirrels. I think when hunting them we should do our best to hit them in the vitals as well. They are part of God's animal kingdom too. For me this post gives alot of ammo to the antis and a bad name to hunting.
c7
Old 10-17-2006, 04:28 AM
Fork Horn

Don't shoot coons either because they will do the same thing to you then you have to get a gun and shoot them out of the tree to get your arrow back. Been there done that.
Old 10-17-2006, 04:58 AM

A few years ago, I was hunting some land owned by my friend's grandpa and about thirty minutes before dark I start hearing something coming towards me. I don't know how many of you have ever heard an armadillo in the woods but its about as noisy as a whole flock of turkeys. This thing meandors up through the leaves until he gets right in front of me and as if scripted, stops and begins to rustle around in the leaves. After about 5 minutes of this I've had enough, I can't hear anything and knew there was no way a deer was coming anywhere close to me. Well I knew that the landowner was having trouble with all the armadillos digging holes in his land and this was a problem because he runs cattle on the land.So I decided to get rid of one of the problems,,,,,,,,,big mistake. I put my arrow, tipped with a fixed 3 blade broadhead, right behind his shoulder. Well what I didn't account for was the sound that the shell made being struck, it was about like a beaver slapping the water with its tail. Then it comensed to rolling around in the leaves making even more noise for a few minutes. So don't shoot armadillos either.