Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I've never been so mad while hunting til tonight.... >

I've never been so mad while hunting til tonight....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I've never been so mad while hunting til tonight....

Old 10-15-2006, 05:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default I've never been so mad while hunting til tonight....

Well, I was late gettin out anyway, because I had to go to town to get my bow from a friends house. I finally got all my crap together and got to the woods at 5. Walked to the tree I scouted out a couple weeks ago for a climber my buddy had. Well, I got to the tree, found out it was too big at the bottom for the climber to go around (DOH!). Well, I looked around, there wasn't one damn tree small enough. Finally found one but 30 yards away from where I wanted to be. Said screw it, and attemped to hang it. Well, this climber has to be 10 years old and weigh close to 40 pounds or more. It took me a good 30 minutes to get it on the tree. Constantly fighting these little triangle sticker things that kept poking me, I must have had literally 1000 of them all over the front of me. Well, I tie my pull rope on. Check the seat part to make sure it will hold if I sit on it. It falls and clangs against the bottom part. Well there goes all the deer within a mile. This has to be the worse designed climber ever. I hope theres a better system than the pin and cable POS. Im sweating my butt off by this point, trying to hold the climber up and get it resituated. Then it decided to spit on me a little while. I had my bibs down around my waist trying to keep from getting too hot, but by this time my long underwear was soaked. So I just left the stand at the bottom of the tree and left. The stand is lucky it's not mine or else it probably would have ended up in the ditch on the way home.
Old 10-15-2006, 05:08 PM

Default RE: I've never been so mad while hunting til tonight....

LOL - been there and done that. Got a tree where ya' need it and it may as well not have even grown there.

Sometimes the best layed plans are meant to fail.

I can feel the pain.
Old 10-15-2006, 05:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Why didnt you just give up and still hunt on the ground?
Old 10-15-2006, 05:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've been there myself a few times.

Sometimes it is as if nothing goes right.

Like they say, when it rains it pours.
Old 10-15-2006, 05:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

I agree guy's I've been there as well ,but when thing's start going like this ,I look for another option [from the ground] this is where serious scent control really come's into play.

nubo
Old 10-15-2006, 05:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hunt from the ground? Yeah right! After all the noise I made trying to get that on the tree!
Old 10-15-2006, 06:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

I know how you feel, DK.... I had an Ameristep steel climber a few years ago, and absolutely HATED it! [:@] Clang, bang, bip, bop, clickity clack... [&:] There was literally no way you could be quiet with that awful stand! I ended up hocking it on Ebay to some other poor unfortunate soul.

Good luck!

Butch A.

Old 10-15-2006, 06:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats another thing about it, theres no protection from the other part of the stand, so while carrying it or trying to get it set up, its so loud its ridiculous. And while carrying on your back, theres a bolt that jabs you right in the back the whole time. [:@]
Old 10-15-2006, 06:59 PM
Dominant Buck

Number one, the loggy legend is the best stand for hunting. Number two, always carry a few steps with you in case you need to over come a lower obstical to hunt the perfect tree.

Ps. no my bow saga is still going on. I've decided it's shooting so well right now, I'll fix hinge after to bow season.
Old 10-15-2006, 07:13 PM
Dominant Buck

Too bad partner...I once drove my 30 miles to have the gate keeper check and found out that my license was 30 days past due.[8D]
That was the end of that hunt.
Sorry to hear ya had a bad time at it.

Quick Reply: I've never been so mad while hunting til tonight....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.