Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

predator camo

Old 10-11-2006, 09:47 PM
Typical Buck

Default predator camo

Where have you guys found to be the best source, besides Greywolf. I really like the predator, but I dont like the limit of what you can get. I dont understand why you cant get the camo pattern you want in the fabric of choice.

Thanks
Old 10-11-2006, 09:50 PM

Default RE: predator camo

Try predatorcamo.com or cabelas.com. Cabelas offers the pattern in some of there materials and predator sells it in some cheaper cotton blends.
Old 10-11-2006, 10:18 PM

ORIGINAL: lpv77

Where have you guys found to be the best source, besides Greywolf. I really like the predator, but I dont like the limit of what you can get. I dont understand why you cant get the camo pattern you want in the fabric of choice.

Thanks
UMM, prolly because they have to buy the fabric in a particular pattern in bulk. Not as big a market for Predator as the Walmart crapola. There's another site that has Predator. I'll be back with it shortly.
Old 10-11-2006, 10:21 PM

http://dayonecamouflage.com/ is the other site. Cabelas and predator.com have a limited assortment of clothing options IMO.
Old 10-11-2006, 11:26 PM

Have you checked out Enigma yet? I just ordered some of it and can't wait to get in the woods with it.
Old 10-12-2006, 06:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ShadowAce

http://dayonecamouflage.com/ is the other site. Cabelas and predator.com have a limited assortment of clothing options IMO.
I have purchased from Day One myself and can say that they they deliver an awesome product. Whenever I wear my bibs folks are always asking where I got it. I had a customer service issue 2 years ago andI was taking care of 100%, I was totally and completely shocked. Actually they went above and beyond the call of duty.

Tom
Old 10-12-2006, 06:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

lpv, what fabric would you like it in? Predator itself offers either cotton, polyester warp knitor bucksuede at www.predatorcamo.com, or you can call them at 608-787-0500.

Of course, it sounds as though you know about Jeff at www.graywolfwoolens.com, and he offers wool, fleece and Wolfskin.

Cabela's offers their Silent Weave version, and I've heard lots of good stuff about that as well, though I get all my stuff from the above two sources.

There's a myriad of other sources, though they're primarily resellers or distributors.

Old 10-12-2006, 07:04 AM
Typical Buck

I actually have been to all those sites. I would like to find green deception in the buck suade material. I cannot find it any where.
Have any of you guys used the Bowhunter jacket, the cotton twill material from the predator site? How is it.
I was trying to avoid it only because I dont think it offers any water repellancy. It is the only garment that comes in all the patterns though.

Thanks,

Vinny
Old 10-12-2006, 07:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've got the bowhunter jacket in bucksuede, and it's very water repelllant... I have not seen it in just the cotton though, but I'd imagine you'd lose most of the water repellant properties...

Jeff at Gray Wolf does up special orders sometimes, especially in the spring. It might be worth it to call him and ask about your options.
Old 10-12-2006, 07:18 AM
Super Moderator

I still have my old Predator Spring Green suit that I have worn out finally after many years of hard use. Very good for cotton material and not bad durability, but thats about it.

I was wondering about the Bucksuede material.........how soft and how durable is it?