Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Grunt tube, or can? >

Grunt tube, or can?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Grunt Tube
61.11%
Doe bleat can
38.89%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Grunt tube, or can?

Old 10-11-2006, 08:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Grunt tube, or can?

Need help deciding. I can do a little grunt to stop a deer. But im looking for something to draw them in. If you make a suggestion please tell me what product line you prefer, links would be appreciated to thanks.
Old 10-11-2006, 08:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Grunt tube, or can?

I use a True Talker from Hunter's Specialties. I can grunt and bleat with this same call by just switching where I put my finger on it at. Great call.
Old 10-11-2006, 08:12 PM

I would answer both. Each have their time and place and a lot of times work well together. I would agree with IBH, the True Talker is great if you are only going to get one call.
Old 10-11-2006, 08:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

I rather use the Tru Talker than the can , with my Tru Talker I can mimick any gunt or bleatfrom a fawn to an old big buck.
Old 10-11-2006, 08:14 PM
Boone & Crockett

An adjustable grunt tube, you can mimic the "can" with a grunt tube but you cannot grunt with a "can".

I like the easy adjustability of the Deer Flute from River Valley Game Calls but I also have the Woods Wise 8 in 1, Primos Rubber Necker and True Talker in that order plus a couple others. The Deer Flute by far the easiest to use. http://www.rivervalleygamecalls.com It has a easy adjustable brass slide that offers which adjustments with one finger. Ask Greg / MO, Hazcon7, tkycaller, buckeyebuckhntr and many others about it.
Old 10-11-2006, 08:14 PM

ORIGINAL: Illinois Buck Hunter

I use a True Talker from Hunter's Specialties. I can grunt and bleat with this same call by just switching where I put my finger on it at. Great call.
I'll second the True Talker.

I have to buy a new one every year as they have a tendancy to break after one season, but at $9.99 I'm not too worried.
Old 10-11-2006, 08:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yea they are not very durable. I have been using them for 8 years now and I am on my fourth call, but it is always worth getting the new one.
Old 10-11-2006, 09:00 PM
Typical Buck

I have been useing the rubberneck from Primos a similar call to the true talker. I like the rubberneck for the fact you can grunt louder to deer farther out or when it's windy and the true talker is to quiet. The problem is the reed sticks very easy in cold weather and it is not very cold out sometimes like high 40s and it sticks.