Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 my biggest deer yet! >

my biggest deer yet!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

my biggest deer yet!

Old 10-10-2006, 09:44 PM
t3

Default my biggest deer yet!

sorry for the wait guys, ive been caught up in school and stuff, and thanks for all the comments. well after i got out of school on friday at 3:00 i went to my grandma and grandpas house to hang out a little while before i went and climbed in my stand. it was kinda warm so i didnt climb into my stand until about 5:45. after setting there for a little over an hour it got real calm, and about the time i thought to myself that i wasnt going to see any, i looked up and saw a little four point coming down the trail and right behind him all i could see was horns coming, when i noticed how big the deer was, my heart started pounding like no other and i got weak in the knees, they walked right into one of my shooting lanes and gave me a quartering away shot, i drew back and let the arrow fly, after i shot i was happy and shocked at the same timebecausei knew i had made a good shot, but at the same time i was like, i cant believe i just shot a deer that big. i heard him go down about 75 yards away but i waited a good half hour before i started to look for him. after the wait i found my arrow about 25 yards from where i shot him, then i walked up to where i thoughthe wentdown, and sure enough there he layed. he has 18 points and a 24 in spreadand dressed out at 144 lbs and was taken with a 55lb mathews switchback with easton epic 400s tipped with 100 gr stingers. and i killed him in southeast oklahoma.

Old 10-10-2006, 09:48 PM

Default RE: my biggest deer yet!

good god. that deer will easily go 150..what grade are you in. im in 10th grade, just wondering because you look about the same. good deer
Old 10-10-2006, 09:54 PM
Spike

really nice deer, it will score at least 160 inches. Oklahoma has some nice deer, with Kansas on one side andTexas on the other they are bound to grow big. Where at in OK did you shoot it?
Old 10-10-2006, 09:55 PM
Dominant Buck

Your killing me, t3. I have it in my notes he was your 4th biggest.

Great story and the best part was thinking your not going to see anything and staying put. Many people including myself can relive a hunt where they gave up too soon.

Awesome buck and thank you for putting one dandy buck on the board for our team!
Old 10-10-2006, 10:06 PM
Fork Horn

nice deer...did u pass through on the shot??
Old 10-10-2006, 10:07 PM
Typical Buck

t3,
That sure is a awsome buck. Congrats on the great shot. Are you going to have it mounted? I am still trying to find some time to get out. Been out a couple times but thats about it. Heading south tomorrow for a few days. Hopefully I run across something like that!
Great story....thanks for sharing!
Old 10-10-2006, 10:13 PM
t3

i killed him in pittsburg co. in southeast ok. and no i didnt get a pass through because i hit him a little far back and my arrow hit the opposite shoulder and yes im definately getting a shoulder mount
Old 10-10-2006, 10:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

yikes. that is a bruiser. glad you're on my team!
Old 10-10-2006, 10:19 PM
Typical Buck

Very nice buddy, I'm jealous! Good job.
Old 10-10-2006, 10:20 PM

Could this be the one? Could this be the one that wins the big buck of the year??

Man alive....... I'm speachless......that's only happened to me....2 other times in my lifetime.....[&:]

Quick Reply: my biggest deer yet!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.