Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 While gutting a deer... >

While gutting a deer...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

While gutting a deer...

Old 10-10-2006, 04:35 PM

Default While gutting a deer...

Well I was just thinking about this and figured it would be interesting to find out if.......has anyone ever had a chance to take a shot, or has taken a shot on a deer while they were on the ground gutting a dead one. Bow or gun, doesnt matter, just curious. On top of that, tell me about any crazy experiences you've had while gutting an animal. Mite be fun.
thanx
-chris.
Old 10-10-2006, 04:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: While gutting a deer...

i havent..would love too....
Old 10-10-2006, 04:49 PM

oh my i just had one last sunday night .,i shot a big doe ., i was all by myself ., and i found her after dark., sooooooo i had to gut her out with a flashlight in one hand and the knife in the other ., it reminded me of my very first time gutting out a deer.,im really lucky i didnt cut myself for i was all over with the knife., im getting me the head gear light on my next trip to the sporting goods store!!
Old 10-10-2006, 04:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

i have...well...dad was gutting one on opening day of rifle he killed. i was standing there watchin and talkin. i seen 2 guys on the trail and by the hand motion i knew they were gunna put a drive on and knew the deer were gunna come by me..not 5 minutes later they bound the trail..run passed us and run towards our trees we sat in..about 40yds running through. the lead deer slowedm jumped a log and a dumped her mid air. dad looked at me like i was nuts. i knew i could make the shot and put it right through her lungs..i was following her through the scope the whole time..just had an opening and a slow down and dropped her. also killed a buck about an hour later. 9am we were dragging 3 deer out state game lands too
Old 10-10-2006, 04:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

About three years back when I was dressing out a small six pointer , I noticed that I was being watched by four does and a button buck.
Talk about intense , I felt like I was gonna get the crap kicked outta me so I stop to reach for my bow and thats when they ran.
Old 10-10-2006, 04:58 PM

I shot a coyote once that blood trailed the deer I had just shot...THE WRONG WAY! Smoked him with a Hammerhead.
Old 10-10-2006, 05:04 PM

lolol,. way to funny rdhunter!!!
Old 10-10-2006, 05:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

two years ago my son shot a doe. we were just getting ready to gut her when we heard deer running toward us. a doe came running in and about ran over us. seconds later we heard grunting and here came a spike on the does trail. he spotted us from ten yards away and just stood there for a couple minutes looking at the downed doe and us like what happened then finnaly turned and ran off. we got a kick out of that
Dan
Old 10-10-2006, 05:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had a doe circle back toward me as i was gutting her sister .Ran away as i stood up tostretch i didn't know she was there and she didn't know i was there as well
Old 10-10-2006, 05:19 PM

Gutted one several years ago. Went to get the truck and when I came back there were several deer surrounding her.

What a scent post!

Quick Reply: While gutting a deer...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.