Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 20 feet closer to God >

20 feet closer to God

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

20 feet closer to God

Old 10-11-2006, 11:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 20 feet closer to God

I am right there with you guys! A sense of peace consumes me while in the outdoors..theres no place I would rather spend my free time.
Old 10-11-2006, 11:52 AM

As I believer in Christ, I find it hard not to be awe struck by God's creation while spending a few hours in the woods. I am constantly surprised by the sheer beauty of the woods in the fall (just the color change is enough to truly see God's artristry).

My second year hunting I found myself on stand focusing on nothing starting to get a little bored. It was then that I realized the opportunity I had to, being alone with God, spend a few quality hours with Him away from the concerns of the "world". Often even when we try to find our "prayer closet" at homefor some Rekindling and Renewing we often get distracted. I spend nearly the entire time on stand now in prayer. I pray for everybody I can think of. Often times, God will really put a burden in my heart for one particular person and I will focus my prayers on that person (sometimes myself). God is great! He will supply your needs.

On a couple of occassions I truly saw that God does have a sense of humor. I had prayed that day that God would let me see some deer that evening...Well, I saw deer alright, about 100 yards away... The next time I went out I remembered that and prayed that God would allow me the opportunity to have a shot at a deer... Needless to say, God granted my request, as I watched the arrow sail right under the deer, I thought to myself "I got exactly what I asked God for." From that day forward I have always prayed for a successful harvest and God has often answered that request.

Seek God will as you seek the quarryyou hunt and often God will grant your request. If you are successful praise His name, and give thanks for the harvest. If not, praise Him for the time spent out in His creation. God hears the prayers of his people.

Thanks for sharing guys... Praise the Lord and may God richly bless you this hunting season!!!
Old 10-11-2006, 11:53 AM

I thank God every day for all I have recived. Tree stand or stump is a great place to pray. One of you stated earlier that you were closer to God because you hunt from 35 feet! If I hunted that high all I could do is PRAY!! LOL
Old 10-11-2006, 12:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

There isa lot of reasons that i hunt!
More than any words could ever tellBut by far the biggest is that i fill closer to god. No matter what happens good or bad with my job,My wife and two kids or withanything or anybody when i leave the standi know everything is going to be ok,

Old 10-11-2006, 12:44 PM
Banned

I do too. I find myself having the time to talk to God more when I am in the stand. My soul is at peace when in the woods. HCH
Old 10-11-2006, 01:55 PM
Fork Horn

Thank you for finding that, I did a search and could not find it.
Old 10-11-2006, 02:33 PM

Wasn't raised a hunter, but my father is a devout trout fly fisherman.
I can remember asking him a question pertaining to church in one way or another while we were walking a river one day, and he remarked, "this is my church."

I took up bow hunting about a half dozen years ago and think I feel very much the same about it as my father feels about the river. I think it's the senseof calm that you feel when you're up above the earth and looking down on everything. Andno matter which end of the day you hunt, you're either priveledged to see the morning dawn or the sundrop behind a mountain.

Old 10-11-2006, 03:36 PM

I'm in the same boat with all of you guys. I tend to start every hunt with a prayer, and spend alot of my time in the treestand talking to God, just thanking him for all that is around me and all that I'm blessed with. The woods are a place where it's just He and I, and all that He has created. The woods are my second church... Happy hunting you guys... Reading all of these has been a blessing. Thanks....

Cody

My treestand doesn't ask questions.
It doesn't complain.
It simply wants me to sit and listen.

Old 10-11-2006, 03:50 PM
Typical Buck

Great post, I think the main reason I look forward to this time of year is I do feel closer to the Lord in the woods. I think God likes it to because he gets uninterrupted time with us out of our busy schedules. He loves us and blesses us so abundantly. He always reminds me as I look around the woods how he is our daddy and gives us way more than we need just like we do with our kids. It brings pleasure to him. He even cares if we get a deer or not. He made them for us to enjoy. Thank you Lord for giving us an opportunity to hunt. Draw us closer to you and our families and friendswhile we are in the woods and strengthen us with you your presence to help us fulfill what you need us to do. We just pause and say thank you. We love you. Thanks for this site where we can fellowship with other hunters and share our experiences.

Amen.
Old 10-11-2006, 04:04 PM
Typical Buck

This reminds me of the hunt last year I got my first deer with a bow. My neighbor Brian went with me (14 years old) to help me if I got one. His parents are from Africa and are ministers here and travel to Zimbabwe every summer to open vocational schools. There favorite meat is deer meat so every year I like to bless them withvenison. That morning 10/22/05 he and I prayed we would get some really good meat for his family. Long story short I shot a 6 point and he and I tracked it for about 30 minutes and couldn't find it. We prayed again and then found it about 5 minute later. One of its antlers broke off when if fell but we didn't care we were so happy. He called his mom on my cell and started yelling "God gave us a deer, God gave us a deer!" It was great. Here is a pic of him and the deer....

Quick Reply: 20 feet closer to God

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.