Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 got one tonite!  "Update with pics" >

got one tonite! "Update with pics"

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

got one tonite! "Update with pics"

Old 10-08-2006, 10:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default got one tonite! "Update with pics"

just got her hung up outside, got off work at 3:30 this afternoon, and knew the weather had a cold front moving in, wind was calm, so I decided to head for the woods, got in stand just befor 6pm (it's an hour drive to my property) first time in this stand, and about an hour later, she came in from the south, I had a small breeze from the east, so she didn't wind me. She came broadside at 30 yards, and I zipped one thru her, double lunged her. I climbed down after about 35 minutes to take up the trail, but lost it about 30 yards in. So backed out and went into Warrensburg and got a buddy to help find her. found her about 80 yards from the stand in some real thick woods. Nice 2 or 3 year old doe. My dry spell is over, thanked the good Lord for a good hunt! Scott.
Old 10-08-2006, 10:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: got one tonite!

Way to go. Got pics?
Old 10-08-2006, 11:04 PM

Congrats Mastev... Glad the dry spell is over for ya.

Now go get some more backstrap...

Old 10-08-2006, 11:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on breaking the dry spell. Time for a buck now?
Old 10-09-2006, 03:46 AM

Congrats, and hope you have more to come. Hope to go Thursday for first time this year.
Old 10-09-2006, 04:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: gzg38b

Way to go. Got pics?
Sorry no pics[], it was pretty late for me last night. Got to be up at 4 to get to work by 5 this morning, besides, it was only a doe, see one, seen them all. Maybe I'll get some tonight after work. Don't have a digi camera so will have to develope. good luck to all.
Old 10-09-2006, 05:18 AM
Typical Buck

Hey Mastevt,
Congrats on the doe...nice job.
I'm originally from Higginsville, but moved to Warrensburg when I was 14 andlived there until I was 19 and joined the Navy...Oh, about 25 years ago. My dad lived there till he passed.
ORIGINAL: Mastevt

just got her hung up outside, got off work at 3:30 this afternoon, and knew the weather had a cold front moving in, wind was calm, so I decided to head for the woods, got in stand just befor 6pm (it's an hour drive to my property) first time in this stand, and about an hour later, she came in from the south, I had a small breeze from the east, so she didn't wind me. She came broadside at 30 yards, and I zipped one thru her, double lunged her. I climbed down after about 35 minutes to take up the trail, but lost it about 30 yards in. So backed out and went into Warrensburg and got a buddy to help find her. found her about 80 yards from the stand in some real thick woods. Nice 2 or 3 year old doe. My dry spell is over, thanked the good Lord for a good hunt! Scott.
Old 10-09-2006, 05:28 AM

Good for you Scott---you done good!
Old 10-09-2006, 05:37 AM
Typical Buck

Well done buddy, Good job
Old 10-09-2006, 05:46 AM

congrats on the nice doe,thata put some meat in the frezzer[8D]

Quick Reply: got one tonite! "Update with pics"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.