Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Should batting be allowed? >

Should batting be allowed?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Should batting be allowed?

Old 10-08-2006, 08:02 AM
Fork Horn

Default Should batting be allowed?

Do ya'll think deer feeders and baiting should be allowed in deer hunting?
Old 10-08-2006, 08:07 AM

Default RE: Should batting be allowed?

I think you're going to get a lot of replies on this, and a lot of arguement. Personally I think baiting shouldn't be legal for deer. (In PA it is illegal and I'm glad, but a lot of states allow baiting) It isn't that hard to find a good travel route and find the deer trails and the places they go, instead of setting out food for them. I think it's a lot more challenging that way too. Which makes it a lot more rewarding.
Old 10-08-2006, 08:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Don't miss the big picture, it's hunting. The endless bickering between hunters is getting us nowhere. If it is legal in your state, fine. The only questions should be if it is legal, why would any hunter have a problem with what someone else legally does? It's legal to bait here, but I choose not to, if someone else chooses to, it's their right. We really need to band together not cause headaches between each other. The anti's believe in divide and conquer. Some traditionalists believe compounds should be banned, some compounders believe crossbows shouldbe banned, and the list goes on. Man, it's hunting, plain and simple. If it's legal, whatever you choose to do is fine with me.
Old 10-08-2006, 08:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

Here we go again get out the popcorn andgrab a cold one.

If it is legal then thats all that matters.

I see no point in this kind of post as they usually start a big fight between those that do and those who dont.

I will say again if it is LEGAL in your state and you want to put up a feeder then go ahead.

Old 10-08-2006, 08:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

In Wisconsin baiting is allowed in the north, where there is very little agriculture, and extremely low densities,getting a deer in bow range wouyld be near impossible. The rest of the state it's illegal. So in this case there is a method to the madness.
Old 10-08-2006, 08:16 AM
Fork Horn

sorry I just wanted to know other people's concept about this method of hunting.
Old 10-08-2006, 08:39 AM

I live in kansas. Baiting is legal in kansas. Is it practical? No, not by a long shot. Will deer hit it? yes, just like any other food source. There is always several things for them to eat in the area I live. Other places that have big woods that lack the nutrition that deer get in the crop land, well baiting might be a huge help to both the deer and to the hunter. If baiting is legal and you want to try it then have at it. Hunters should have no problem with doing things within the laws.... even if its not for you.
Old 10-08-2006, 08:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Do a search, this thread has been BEAT to Death...
Old 10-08-2006, 10:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Ausie-guy

Here we go again get out the popcorn andgrab a cold one.

If it is legal then thats all that matters.

I see no point in this kind of post as they usually start a big fight between those that do and those who dont.

I will say again if it is LEGAL in your state and you want to put up a feeder then go ahead.

ditto. that's all that should be said on the subject.