Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Done in Missouri! >

Done in Missouri!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Done in Missouri!

Old 10-10-2006, 03:04 AM

Default RE: Done in Missouri!

great deer and i like the camo alse well.
Old 10-10-2006, 03:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

Good deal. Nice buck...congrats!
Old 10-10-2006, 06:22 AM

Congrats Greg! Awesome buck and great photos!
Old 10-10-2006, 06:39 AM
Typical Buck

The smack has been layed down again, congrats on the buck!!!
Old 10-10-2006, 06:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice story nice buck great pictres thanks for sharing
Old 10-10-2006, 03:05 PM
Spike

Way to go Greg.

Now, you ready to cross the river for an IL hunt? Lemme know!
Old 10-12-2006, 01:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Greg,

Again, consistently putting them down. Nice to see the kids involved. As for 104, looks bigger than that...gross

Well written as always. Thanks for sharing. I hope to join you this season in the buck tag filled catagory.

Troy

Old 10-14-2006, 07:30 AM

Nice buck Greg.

Your little one will have lots of memories about daddy's kills.
Old 10-14-2006, 07:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

Greg!

I love that camo ,what is it ?

Congrat's on the beauty buck .I've been very close ,but just hasn't been quite right for me yet . I've been very close on 2 big bruiser's so far and 1 decent 8 point and a ton of doe's and fawn's .Maybe tonight .

I understand the point Greg H has amde and that's fine it's his perogative , But I really enjoyed your story as well as the other's have .

nubo
Old 10-14-2006, 08:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

Nubo,

Thanks a lot, buddy! Yeah, that camo IS awesome, isn't it? I've gone to Predator exclusively these days.. What you see me wearing there is Predator Spring Green, which I wear until the majority of the foliage disappears. Then, I switch to Fall Gray sometime in late November or early December. In case you haven't seen it, here's how awesome a job it does at literally obliterating the human outline:

To tell you the truth, both patterns look pretty much the same in black and white so I would feel extremely comfortable wearing either at any time of the year (in fact for the last few years, I wore Fall Gray year-round). The color tones, for me, have more to do with hiding me fromother hunters whomight happen to wander too close to my stand.

A lot has been madeabout the liklihood of"getting caught wearing the wrong color" in the woodsin camo discussions on other threads... I guess I don't understand that reasoning;it's pretty easy for me to tell when most of the leaves have dropped before heading out to the woods; amazingly, all of our local trees seem to drop all their leaves at the same time the trees where I hunt an hour away do as well. [8D]The transition period between full foliage and bare limbs would be perfect for wearing either pattern.

Call Predator at608-787-0500 and ask for Ginny; tell her Greg sent you, and that you want some camo as awesome-looking as his!

Seriously though, thanks again for the compliments... and I'm glad you enjoyed the accompanying story.

Quick Reply: Done in Missouri!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.