Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Keeping the "Can" quiet? >

Keeping the "Can" quiet?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Keeping the "Can" quiet?

Old 10-06-2006, 07:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Keeping the "Can" quiet?

Does anyone have a trick to keeping the "Can" perfectly quiet while carrying one? They will make noise when you don't want them to.[:@]Putting tape over it only helps to a certain degree.[&o]
Old 10-06-2006, 10:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Keeping the "Can" quiet?

I've never had this problem. I just put it in the elastic band inside my hip pouch. Put the single hole facing up and take the tape off the single hole.
Old 10-07-2006, 06:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: early in

Does anyone have a trick to keeping the "Can" perfectly quiet while carrying one? They will make noise when you don't want them to.[:@]Putting tape over it only helps to a certain degree.[&o]
I hope yopu don't find this to be a silly question but did you take the sticker off of the hole in the bottom of the can? If it hasn't been removed it will make noise when shaken or turned upside down. After you take the sticker off you'll need to place your finger or thumb over the hole to make the call work properly. I found this out because a hunting buddy of mine didn't take his stickeroff and whenever we walked next to each other I could hear the can bleating in his pack.

Just a thought...

To get a copy of theoperating instructions you can go to thelink below and then click on the View Product Packagingand Instructions link below the can picture.

http://www.primos.com/product_info.php?products_id=179
Old 10-07-2006, 09:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

No Bow Tech, that isn't a silly question. I could see someone forgetting that but I've been using one for years, with success I might add. Success meaning I have gotten deer to respond, no killsyet.It's the weight moving around inside that accounts for the noise I'm referring to. I was thinking of putting a straw in the hole so it just sticks out a tiny bit, then taping it. This may keep that weight in place until I need to use it.[8D]
Old 10-07-2006, 09:50 AM

Take the sticker off the bottom hole and throw it away. Then, don't mess around with covering the hole with your finger, put it to your lips and blow softly through it to call in big bucks!!
Old 10-07-2006, 11:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: walks with a gimp

Take the sticker off the bottom hole and throw it away. Then, don't mess around with covering the hole with your finger, put it to your lips and blow softly through it to call in big bucks!!

I forgot about you telling me about using it this way. I'll be trying it next week while I'm hunting down in southern OH. with the Rocky Boots cowboys and Marketing Dept.
Old 10-08-2006, 07:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

my lil can call is real quiet. i got one on clearance last year from wally world. after opening the package it worked a couple days and now makes no sound at all. what a cheapo piece of kit.
Old 10-08-2006, 07:30 AM

The sound should be negligible. It only moves in 2 directions. If the call is situated in your pocket up and down the plunger should rest on the bottom of the can and not move.
Old 10-08-2006, 09:03 PM

I put my grunt tube and the can on lanyards (like from a duck call). I wear them around my neck and tuck them into a chest pocket. I've never tried blowing through the can, but I will test that out next trip into the woods!
Old 10-08-2006, 09:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I tried blowing into the can and it didn't sound right to me. It sounded like a kazoo on New Year's Eve.

Quick Reply: Keeping the "Can" quiet?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.