Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Keeping the "Can" quiet? >

Keeping the "Can" quiet?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Keeping the "Can" quiet?

Old 10-09-2006, 04:33 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Keeping the "Can" quiet?

ORIGINAL: gzg38b

I tried blowing into the can and it didn't sound right to me. It sounded like a kazoo on New Year's Eve.
Had to laugh at that
Old 10-17-2006, 06:20 PM

ORIGINAL: early in

No Bow Tech, that isn't a silly question. I could see someone forgetting that but I've been using one for years, with success I might add. Success meaning I have gotten deer to respond, no killsyet.It's the weight moving around inside that accounts for the noise I'm referring to. I was thinking of putting a straw in the hole so it just sticks out a tiny bit, then taping it. This may keep that weight in place until I need to use it.[8D]

I killed my first deer with one when they were new. that 6 pointer came running. almost ran me over. I shot him with a 12 gauge slug at about 3-5 yards right broad sidein the killer zone and he still ran about 50-70 yards and I got him with some buckshot when my dad walked up I was still standing there ( I was like 250 yards from the house, he was havein' coffee, heard me shoot 5 times( I hit him at least twice maybe 3), put his shoes on and walked out there.)

Long story short he thought I had missed and was giving me an ear full when we stumbled over him. I thoughthehad runcloser too me but apperantly I have no deapth perception after shooting a deer.

Anyway I know what noise you are talking about, those of you that don't shake your can and youll hear it. I wanna try that "e-can"
Old 10-17-2006, 06:36 PM
Dominant Buck

WOW!!! Another tip...it sounds much better , thanks.