Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 MY HUNT AREA MAP AGAIN >

MY HUNT AREA MAP AGAIN

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

MY HUNT AREA MAP AGAIN

Old 10-06-2006, 01:34 PM

Default MY HUNT AREA MAP AGAIN

Since my post got erased Im starting it again. I was interested in hearing peoples ideas. The wind is usually out of the south. I head in up the yellow line from the octagon. Yellow circle is the house I stay at. Orange lines represent deer movement (typical) in and across field. Field is soy bean or corn (soy this year)
Redish line is property boundry.
Green dotted area is a suspected bedding area (I stay away from it)
Green dotrs near field are 2 stand locations I try to use - I set up the southern stand as my "observation" stand because I can get to it quiet aND UNDETECTED.......but the other is hard - deer in fiel morning and night but I harvested my largest deer from this stand. The arrow into the field is where I saw a HUGE deer last year and many others entering as well as in prior years but its a hard place to get in and out of......

COMMENTS ??

Its aprox 300 yards from the yellow pentagon to the field. All forest is typical Illinois/Indiana hardwoods

Old 10-06-2006, 04:31 PM

Default RE: MY HUNT AREA MAP AGAIN

no one ?? [:@]
Old 10-06-2006, 04:43 PM

Sorry man.. For some reason some topics get no love[&:]

Old 10-06-2006, 05:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

About that spot(orange arrow), how have you tried to hunt that spot in the past? I mean entry/exit routes. I would say walk in from the feild and out through the woods, (evening hunt) but that is w/o ever having set foot in that woods which makes it kind of a WAG. How big was the deer you saw?
Old 10-06-2006, 05:37 PM

My question: What are the prevailing winds?Where I hunt the biggest factor in getting there and staying there undetected are the winds. Here they are almost always from the South.
Old 10-06-2006, 06:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would hunt near where your arrow crosses the red line. At the base of the finger, that way you can cover most of the deer useng the finger to enter the field.
Old 10-06-2006, 06:42 PM

Winds are usually out of the south but sometimes out of North...

I have hunted the orange arrow - wanna see what was right there > ??

Take a look. This deer is filmed right where that arrow comes into the field
www.speargunbuilder.com/deer.html

the year before was this one (I got him)
www.inshorepowerboats.com/deer.html
Old 10-06-2006, 06:44 PM

what about heading out in the early afternoon and hanging a climber just north of the orange arrow. Seems like you are going to get winded a lot in the south stand. It will be great when the wind is from the north.
Old 10-06-2006, 07:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well if you got one there and saw that big one there why is your stand not there? The deer are telling you where to hunt. LISTEN TO THEM!
Old 10-07-2006, 05:07 AM

buckhunter - Yes I agree however I see a lot of deer crossing where the orange line is and alwayswondered if I should get into the woods a bit on the west side of the field. Problem is the noise from leaves (getting into stand)

I love the field point stand - what I do not like is leaving it - always 4-6 does in the field and bucks cruising around....

I know there is not any real solution - all the reason for the post to hear from other guys on here and there ideas...

Quick Reply: MY HUNT AREA MAP AGAIN

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.