Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 20 year old dies >

20 year old dies

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

20 year old dies

Old 10-06-2006, 02:05 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: 20 year old dies

What a shame, so sad...YA GOTTA WEAR YOUR HARNESS!!!
Old 10-06-2006, 02:42 PM
Typical Buck

I posted earlier this season that I was one who previous to this season had not worn a safety belt while hunting from a tree stand. I spoke of turning over a new leaf now that my 14 y/o son is going to start hunting with me. So far this season I've been wearing it and I'm proud of myself. Good job Jeff!! : )
Old 10-06-2006, 07:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

thats sad always wear your harness
Old 10-06-2006, 07:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

horrible man just horrible and after all she had went through that is just horrible
Old 10-06-2006, 09:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

That is such a terrible tragedy. Not only to die at such a young age but to also have survived through a severe illness only to lose her life by not wearing a harness.[>:]
Old 10-06-2006, 10:37 PM
Typical Buck

Thats really sad. Please wear your safety harnesses guys. My girlfriend even knows to do this and she doesn't even hunt./ Everyt ime I mention going hunting, the first thing out of her mouth is not to forget my harness
Old 10-07-2006, 06:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

What a waste of a life ,I can really feel for the family .Just terrible new's ,a good person with such a posative outlook on life .

nubo
Old 10-07-2006, 07:02 AM

ORIGINAL: BobCo19-65

''One in three (hunters) that climb up in a tree are going to fall out during the course of their lives. That's the national average,'' Davis said.

Is that true? Seems a little high to me.
Yes, it's true.

Check out these links if interested:

http://www.dto.com/hunting/article.jsp?articleid=693

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports_headlines/19990926moyerfeat8.asp

http://www.deerhunters.net/articles/treestandsafety.htm

I am not trying to lessen the importance of wearing a safety harness because it is simply THE most important part of tree stand hunting...........but there is no way those figures are anything but a guess. No one knows how many people have fallen across the country and certainly not to the extent to where you can make a statement like 1 out of 3 will fall at some point. To try and extrapolate data from a mini informal survey into a nationwide analysis is just as dumb as not wearing a harness while hunting.

I just don't like seeing data of such poor statistical value being pushed as factual information.

Another side note............this girl probably should have never been in a tree in the first place..........and DEFINATELY not without a harness. She may very well have fallen due to a slip, accident or carelessness.........but it is very possible that she experienced a medical problem as well that resulted in her fall. Sadly we will never know.
Old 10-07-2006, 09:15 AM
Typical Buck

Wow that is a tragedy im 20 and it hits home ive used a full body for the last 5 years
Old 10-07-2006, 09:34 AM
Dominant Buck

WOW Real sad ...I always wear mine as well athough it's getting kind of tight.
c7

Quick Reply: 20 year old dies

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.