Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Why bother?

Old 10-06-2006, 05:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Why bother?

I have hunted 5 times since the opener on Saturday. Every time I have gone, with the exception of Saturday morning, the temps have been in the 90s. Last night when I went aftewr work it was 95 at 5:15 when I got to the lease. I got dress in my camo and was soaked through with sweat in 5 minutes. I won't be going hunting again if the temp is 85 or greater. Why bother? I cannot enjoy myself when it is that hot. Too many trips like that will ruin hunting for me. We should see cooler temps this weekend. I pray that is so.
Old 10-06-2006, 05:53 AM

Default RE: Why bother?

That is pretty crappy Hot weather is hard , we run into the same during opening week always seens to be terrible ...but on the other hand don't get to upset you've got to keep going determination is the winner no matter how hot or how much it rains nature always has something up it's sleeve .
Old 10-06-2006, 05:57 AM
Dominant Buck

YUP, having hunted on crop damage hunts for a few years in July and August I know what you're saying. I've climbed in a stand at 6PM in August with the temps around 95. Then shoot a deer and have to drag in that heat is a bummer. Not a pleasant thing at all. You might as well save yourself from stinking up the stand sites and stay home. That way you get in some "Points" and favors with the family you can call in later.
Old 10-06-2006, 06:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Good "ADVICE " Davidmil, LOL! I planned on doing just that. I'm taking the family to the state fair this weekend to gain some of those points. And you are right, I really don't want to stink up the stands I have. I can't kill them from the couch but I can't kill them if they smell me from the next county either.
Old 10-06-2006, 08:32 AM
Fork Horn

Been the same here in Missouri. Not as hot, but the weather stinks for the most part. Had a few cool mornings, but not cool enough. On the other hand I have been on the road and seen deer in the fields at dusk and thought to myself " You should have been out there" Makes you wonder about yourself at times doesnt it?
Old 10-06-2006, 09:01 AM
Dominant Buck

In the 30s here in sunny Upstate NY this morning. Beautiful day to be in the woods. Alas, I had to go turn in some building permit apps and I have a meeting with the builders so I had to pass. But the pressure is off since I shot an 8 point last Friday and don't have to worry about it.
Old 10-06-2006, 05:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't know how you guys down south stand it. Anything over 60 degrees and I'm bit*hing about the heat! There's nothing better than a crisp November morning with temps in the upper 20's! That's when the deer move around here. We've got lows in the 30s tonight so I'm heading out around 4 am and sleeping in my stand till daybreak.
Old 10-06-2006, 05:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

STOP IT! JUST.....JUST STOP IT! LOL!
Old 10-06-2006, 05:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm taking the family to the state fair this weekend to gain some of those points.
Eat a couple of corn dogs for me and watch out for the idiots! Hook 'em Horns!

Old 10-06-2006, 05:59 PM

im just praying its dry and cool next weekend. last weekend it was either raining or it was hot.

Quick Reply: Why bother?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.