Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 weirdest deer encounter..EVER >

weirdest deer encounter..EVER

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

weirdest deer encounter..EVER

Old 09-28-2006, 08:01 PM

Default weirdest deer encounter..EVER

We went out to check on the stands today, we were driving through the field and came around a bend and saw a buck. At this point we where about 100 yards away in a truck. He looked up and paid no attention at all and just kept grazing. Well me and my friend being 15 and curious, we wanted to get out of the truck and see how close we could get. So we got out of the and got right up on the tree line where he couldnt see us and made way towards him. We got about 15 yards from him where he could clearly see us and agian did not phase him. He just fed into the woods. We thought what a stupid deer and procceded to check the stand. We climbed up to make sure that a branch had not fell and blocked the way for this weekend when my friend looked behind him in a soybean field and said he saw the deer. So once agian we were guessing how close we could get. We where walking directly to him in the middle of a soy bean field. We acted like we paid no attention to him and he didnt pay a BIT of attention to us. I got about 6 yards from him NO LIE!! It was by far one of the coolest things I hav ever done. We watched him for a while and he worked a scrape and mosied into the woods.. CRAZY isnt it?
Old 09-28-2006, 08:10 PM

Default RE: weirdest deer encounter..EVER

Yeah crazy is a good word for that. Sounds like a cool experience though.
Old 09-28-2006, 08:12 PM
Typical Buck

I'm not saying that it COULDN'T happen. I just find it hard to believe
Old 09-28-2006, 08:14 PM

Perhaps he's one of those that people feed in their back yards and he just gets accustomed to people being around... or he coulda just been blind, deaf, and had a broken nose...
Old 09-28-2006, 08:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

hey got 5 yards from a doe but can barly get 60 yards from a buck right now unless it is a spike LOL
Old 09-28-2006, 08:22 PM

That is exactly what we said when we got back in the truck lol. I asked my friends dad if he was implanting deer that couldnt hear, see, or smell or if they just have dumb deer.lol
Old 09-28-2006, 08:26 PM
Typical Buck

Just curious, but do you realize how far 6 yards is? If you were that close and it didn't run, why didn't you just hop on its back and have it give you a lift to the truck?
Old 09-28-2006, 08:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

This is almost every day in my back yard

Old 09-28-2006, 08:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Old 09-28-2006, 08:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd suspect that maybe that buck was a deer that had spent some time in close contact with people and didn't fear humans.

Hey Snake123,

How many yards is this?

Quick Reply: weirdest deer encounter..EVER

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.