Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 SE MN PRE Kicking IN!! >

SE MN PRE Kicking IN!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

SE MN PRE Kicking IN!!

Old 09-28-2006, 09:26 AM

Default SE MN PRE Kicking IN!!

My buddy called me last night and had a once in a lifetime experience. He saw 2 shooters fighting in a bean field so he got in his truck and headed that way for a better look.

He got there and not 2 shooters, but 3!!! They were in a hefty battle to say the least--all the good stuff--thrashing and heads on the ground. One buck was even thrown to the ground. This sint friendly playing. He was so shocked that he could hardly talk to me on his cell phone!! Awesome.

I told him to stay put and keep an eye out in the field, which he did. Guess what?? 2 more Bucks showed up. He had a hard time telling size due to the light fading, but yes--2 more bucks showed and beleive it or not, 2 sets of bucks fighting at the same time!! pretty amazing I must say. I have seen fights, but not 2 at once. And big bucks, not bascket cases. Like I said though, by the time the other 2 bucks showed he was having a hard time telling the size of the racks by that time.

I think things are happening a bit early this year--I made 2 sets 2 weeks ago and already had plenty of small trees freshly ripped up and also had a scrape by a stand that was the size of a car door!!

Gotta love the fall!!
Old 09-28-2006, 09:28 AM

Default RE: SE MN PRE Kicking IN!!

Ahhh, it's about time for the early rut prediction.
Old 09-28-2006, 10:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yes it seems a bit strange, its like were in the October Lull in Sept, ive been seeing alot of bucks by them selves already, only a couple rubsand scrapes nothing serious though. I say with in the next 3 weeks well being seeing some very heavy stuff happening in Central Wi.
Old 09-28-2006, 10:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Had to be an awesome sight
Old 09-28-2006, 10:34 AM

ya, he was pretty pumped to say the least--he was trying to talk on the phone and look thru the binocs as the same time--he had to set the phone down a few times due to the shaking--you know it was pretty exciting when you are that nervous--

I love this time of year.
Old 09-28-2006, 12:53 PM
Spike

Saw 2 bucks fighting yesterday in a bean field Sept. 27.
Old 09-28-2006, 01:47 PM
Boone & Crockett

Don't forget, Bucks do not regulate the rut......of course the bucks are ready, they always are but the rut is regulated by the does. They were obviously territorial fighting. I agree that it's early but when the big boys show down, that's what can happen. The bucks in my area are still in their summer pattern and bachelor groups.

I also think things might be early this year but we'll see, I'm still off the first 2 weeks of Nov. no matter what.

Every year we see post of bucks fighting or a buck that happen to dog doe and the thread reads, THE RUT IS ON! The rut is not on until the majority of does in an area are in estrous, not because some two bucks locked up. It's all stages, right now we are in pre-prerut if there is such a thing, prerut is coming when the bucks break up and start forming territories, the does begin to run off the male fawn offspring, here in PA that's not for about 2 weeks at least, the peak of the rut, usually in the northern hemisphere which PA is part is around the 15 of Nov give or take.

Patient guys and gals, it's only Sept 28th.
Old 09-28-2006, 01:58 PM
Fork Horn

cbenson I live about 20 minutes west of you. I have been noticing the buck activity isabnormally high for the time of the year as well. Lots of scrapes and trees just shredded.
Old 09-28-2006, 02:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer
bucks are ready, they always are but the rut is regulated by the does.
Which is why I use tinks earlier than most guys. Why wait until the rut, if a buck smells it the last week in october you think he's going to say 'ahh, i'm not interested in that for another 2 weeks!'.

Old 09-28-2006, 02:46 PM

Nice!!

Ya, I think this is going to be a good year--I always take the week before gun opener off, so hopefully this year the weather stays cold instead of these warm temps like in the past few years.

I hunt around Preston, Lanesboro, and Mabel

Quick Reply: SE MN PRE Kicking IN!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.