Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Need a New Back Pack...Suggs? >

Need a New Back Pack...Suggs?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Need a New Back Pack...Suggs?

Old 09-28-2006, 06:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Need a New Back Pack...Suggs?

I need a new one.. My old one took a crap, the zipper is shot and it wouldnt pay to replace it..

I would like one that is big enough to carry my clothes, camera, junk, and miscellaneous other stuff. Can i get one for $50?
Old 09-28-2006, 06:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Need a New Back Pack...Suggs?

Bass Pro has plenty for around $50.

Tom
Old 09-28-2006, 06:51 AM

I got one this season from Cabelas...it came with a camelbak, which I love when I am hunting.
Check out their selection...
Old 09-28-2006, 06:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

I too needed a new pack. I didn't need a very large one. just big enough to handle what won't fit in my fanny pack. Ya know, lunch, water bottle extra calls & release. Well, after shopping around I decided I didn't need a high $ camo "hunters" back pack. I went to wally world and found a fairly large kids school pack for $10. It is all black and has lots of pockets. I almost couldn't decide between that and a green one. I already have hooks on the back side of each of my stand trees for it. It is the same size as many camo packs I looked at that were selling for$30+. Might be worth a look.
Old 09-28-2006, 08:00 AM
Dominant Buck

I must have bought over a dozen backpacks in my time, all shapes and sizes. My last was one that has both a waist and chest strap. It also has some straps to use to tie such things as heavy coats or deer sleighs or whatever on. I must admit I don't use it often, prefering to go with the fanny/waist pack on short AM or PM hunts. BUT, when I go for all day or deep it nice to have the bigger pack for carrying food, extra water, extra clothes, camera etc. It's not especially big, but lots of compartments and rides so well when stuffed full because of the waist and chest straps. If you're in the market for something like that you'll need to spend a few more bucks but it's worth it.
Old 09-28-2006, 08:02 AM

If you have the extra money to spend on a quality backpack, I would suggest taking a look at the Badlands line of packs. They make an excellent product. Waterproof, quiet, and durable. A little on the more expensive side as far as backpacks go, but it'll last you a long time compared to cheaper models.
Old 09-28-2006, 08:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

i just bought a military surplus type backpack from cabelas. my problem has always been that the shoulder straps tear, they've only been lasting 1 or 2 seasons for me. i guess i bring too much junk with me. the other problems i have is the zippers go all the way down the sides so when it's hanging from the tree stuff tends to spill out when it's opened too far by accident. the one i recently got is made much better then the past ones and it is huge. only cost $19. it's canvas, so i'll just have to be carefull to dry it out every time. very glad i bought it though.

i also have a fanny pack with attachments (that I had to put zip strips on to keep the attachments from falling off). with the 2 attachments it's good for most my couple hour trips. tough to bring any food with though.
Old 09-28-2006, 08:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

http://www.methodsusa.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idcategory=14&idproduct=219

I got this pack last year and it is tough and quiet. I don't know what the deal is with the price but I paid 55 bucks. It's now listed at 20 bucks. If this isn't wrong I'd order several. Better check first! This is no 20 buck pack! Can't be right.
Old 09-28-2006, 08:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a blackhawk pack and love that thing. It is very large but I like to take alot of stuff as well on longer trips. It has the chest and waist strap, camel back, extra side bags can be attached or other things can be tied on/buckled on. It is very durable and will probably last a long time. I have had it for 4 years now.

They make great packs.
Old 09-28-2006, 08:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

Just ordered the big fannypack and boot covers from Methods. 35 bucks including shipping. I don't know if this is for real but if it is, WOW. Snooze you loose. I paid almost 50 for some covers last year. If they haven't changed their quality this is as good a deal as I've had for some time. Bought some new insulated scent-lok bibs for 40 bucks once. Kind of like that.

Quick Reply: Need a New Back Pack...Suggs?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.