HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   What are the best hunting songs? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/158135-what-best-hunting-songs.html)

MILLERTIME10 09-28-2006 09:00 AM

RE: What are the best hunting songs?

ORIGINAL: DUMB BASS

www.compadrerecords.com

Album is Let's Step Outside.
[ul][*]1.Take Me Home, Country Roads" - Honeybrowne
2.Beer, Bait and Ammo - Kevin Fowler[*]3.The Fisherman - Jack Ingram
4.West Texas Holiday - Pat Green[*]5.Five Pound Bass - Robert Earl Keen
6.Keep Texas Beautiful - Jerry Jeff Walker[*]7.South Coast of Texas - Guy Clark
8.John Boat Blues - Jason Allen[*]9.I Got the Guns - Roger Creager
10.My Kind of Day on Padre - Gary P. Nunn[*]11.They Call it the Hill Country - Randy Rogers Band
12.Slew Foot - James McMurtry[*]13.Dance by the Rio Grande - Cory Morrow
14.Snowfall - Reckless Kelly [/ul]

Guide Review - “Let’s step outside”
After listening to the CD we even had some serious thought about calling the Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency, the NRA was another option discussed too, to see if they would add this in as a bonus when outdoorsman renewed their annual hunting and fishing license, but we soon realized that they might not share the same sense of humor.

From Kevin Fowlers hysterical song entitled Beer, Bait and Ammo” to the remake of John Denver’s song "Take me home, country road" by Honeybrowne, it will touch the hearts and in many cases the funny bones of every outdoorsman sitting by a campfire and any fisherman who has ever told a story about the big one who got away.

“Let’s step outside” has more of a Texas sound to it, which is expected and appreciated when one gathers together this impressive listing of Texas Troubadour's including Pat Green, Jack Ingram, and Robert Earl Keen. Compadre Records has also touched on a bit of Nashville talent too with the inclusion of Guy Clark.

“Let’s step outside” very definitely belongs in a guy’s CD player and is meant to be shared with your best buddies.

[/align][/align]
Dumb bass, that is a great collection of songs and artists. Some of my favorite singers you listed there. Good taste in music right there!!!;)

Dubbya 09-28-2006 10:35 AM

ORIGINAL: MILLERTIME10

www.compadrerecords.com

Album is Let's Step Outside.
[ul][*]1.Take Me Home, Country Roads" - Honeybrowne
2.Beer, Bait and Ammo - Kevin Fowler[*]3.The Fisherman - Jack Ingram
4.West Texas Holiday - Pat Green[*]5.Five Pound Bass - Robert Earl Keen
6.Keep Texas Beautiful - Jerry Jeff Walker[*]7.South Coast of Texas - Guy Clark
8.John Boat Blues - Jason Allen[*]9.I Got the Guns - Roger Creager
10.My Kind of Day on Padre - Gary P. Nunn[*]11.They Call it the Hill Country - Randy Rogers Band
12.Slew Foot - James McMurtry[*]13.Dance by the Rio Grande - Cory Morrow
14.Snowfall - Reckless Kelly [/ul]

Guide Review - “Let’s step outside”
After listening to the CD we even had some serious thought about calling the Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency, the NRA was another option discussed too, to see if they would add this in as a bonus when outdoorsman renewed their annual hunting and fishing license, but we soon realized that they might not share the same sense of humor.

From Kevin Fowlers hysterical song entitled Beer, Bait and Ammo” to the remake of John Denver’s song "Take me home, country road" by Honeybrowne, it will touch the hearts and in many cases the funny bones of every outdoorsman sitting by a campfire and any fisherman who has ever told a story about the big one who got away.

“Let’s step outside” has more of a Texas sound to it, which is expected and appreciated when one gathers together this impressive listing of Texas Troubadour's including Pat Green, Jack Ingram, and Robert Earl Keen. Compadre Records has also touched on a bit of Nashville talent too with the inclusion of Guy Clark.

“Let’s step outside” very definitely belongs in a guy’s CD player and is meant to be shared with your best buddies.

[/align][/align]
Dumb bass, that is a great collection of songs and artists. Some of my favorite singers you listed there. Good taste in music right there!!!;)
I couldn't agree more, I just ordered my copy from Amazon.com $6.00!!! Sweeeet.

Buck Huntin Girl 09-28-2006 10:58 AM

Fred Bear is definitely the take the caker here...

But if you haven't heard it, the Montgomery Gentry song, "You Do Your Thing (I'll Do Mine)" takes me to the woods every time. The video really is what gives it the real hunting feel, Troy Gentry is driving his SUV down the middle of yuppie town, he's got his 8 point tied across the hood and people around him are glaring at him like he's committed a cardinal sin.

It's a sweet song!

DUMB BASS 09-28-2006 01:23 PM

Anybody who like the outdoors will love that CD. Glad to see some of you agree. Glad I could share some of my quite twisted musical tastes with you guys.

Dubbya 09-28-2006 02:15 PM

Anybody who like the outdoors will love that CD. Glad to see some of you agree. Glad I could share some of my quite twisted musical tastes with you guys.
Man if those are twisted musical tastes, thenevery one of my friends and I have some serious issues. :D

Kentster911 09-28-2006 02:23 PM

The Roger Creager song "I Got the Guns" is a great, great song. It can bring a tear to a grown man's eye. Super song bout gettin his grandpa's gun after he passes on.

Also other great artist on that CD (Pat Green, Roger Creager, Guy Clark, REK). I have most of those songs, may have to createme a CD.

I have a broad spectrum of music I like to listen to. One hunting song I like is Metallica "Seek and Destroy"

Another great hunting/hunting camp song is "Choctaw Bingo" by Ray Wilie Hubbard - Check it out!

Sunday October 1st, this kid will be letting the arrows fly!

Good Luck.

Mike from Texas 09-28-2006 04:51 PM

Big Buck Fever by Sam Moore. You can get it off Jack Brittingham's website.

Rob/PA Bowyer 09-28-2006 05:43 PM

Thirdy point buck and 2nd week of deercamp are pathetic songs. I turn the channel and kringe every time I hear them. Yup, all camps and hunters are losers like in those two songs.

Anyway, I'm ranting, just can't stand those songs.

Oneshot7 09-28-2006 05:57 PM

have to say it paradise city by guns n roses
fred bear again and i gotta look up some more of those songs on limewire

Slackdaddy 09-28-2006 06:54 PM

"Shot Gun Boggie" byTenn. Ernie Ford

Cant believe You guys left it off the list.

Slack