Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 CLIMBING STICK USERS >

CLIMBING STICK USERS

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

CLIMBING STICK USERS

Old 09-27-2006, 04:54 AM

Default CLIMBING STICK USERS

I have been using some steps simular to bucksteps that I made myself for 5 years but I am considering buying some climbing sticks....The ONE PIECE STICKS - This is an edit - I should have mentioned ONE PIECE sticks.... I have the multi piece like the Lone Wolf

Id love to hear some good / bad from you guys that are using them. Are they as easy to get on a tree and get up as they look ? Are there any 'issues' with them ? Are they quiet ? (Do they squeek)

Let me know....

Thanks guys....
Old 09-27-2006, 05:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: CLIMBING STICK USERS

Nothing bad about climbing sticks but you can always make them better by putting on some grip tape on each rung. I love mine.
Old 09-27-2006, 05:33 AM

Wis...

What stick do you use ??
Old 09-27-2006, 05:37 AM
Fork Horn

I have four sets of Comfort Zone climbing sticks and they are great. Screw in steps are good but these are the best. They are easy to put up and they are solid. Like mentioned the use of some grip tape on teh top side is a good idea.

Old 09-27-2006, 05:47 AM

I found my grip tape at Home Depot. It is a 3M product that can be found in the Paint Department next to the painters tapes. It comes in a large roll that you have to cut but the stuff works great!
Old 09-27-2006, 06:34 AM

I just bought a set of the Summit Swift-tree steps. Extremely easy to set up and I haven't had any noise issues yet. I chose the Summit style because of the enclosed steps. I was always concerned about my feet slipping off the end of the rungs andcausing me to fall to the ground, slip and be hanging by my groin area[], or busting an ankle bone, or any other painful scenerio you can think of.

So far it's been extactly what i asked for. I hope I feel the same way at the end of season.

Good Luck,
TXMM
Old 09-27-2006, 06:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: 02bhntn

I have four sets of Comfort Zone climbing sticks and they are great. Screw in steps are good but these are the best. They are easy to put up and they are solid. Like mentioned the use of some grip tape on teh top side is a good idea.

I just bought these too. They are solid and work fine.

Tom
Old 09-27-2006, 06:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use the Lone Wolf sticks and couldn't be any happier with them. They're extremely lightweight, they stack together for easy transportation, they set up quickly, are very secure, and very quiet. I'mnot really sure what else you could ask for in a set of climbing sticks. Oh, and with the adjustable V-brackets you can climb crooked trees with no problem. This is a huge plus over a lot of the traditional stackable sticks that only allowed you to get up trees that are straight as an arrow.

Here's a set I put up earlier this summer that I plan on using opening morning.

Old 09-27-2006, 07:05 AM
Typical Buck

i bought some climbing sticks thissummer and since im fourteen the pegs are a pain to put in and takes alot more time but the climbing sticks i can get up really fast problably 20 minutes or less.
Old 09-27-2006, 08:16 AM

I bought the Ameristep aluminum Rapid Rails last year and I love them. I can climb just about every tree I see. My friends with climbers hate me cause branches are no problem.

If you get stick or rails, here are two tips.

If you hit them with anything hard, metal, etc. they are a little loud. Mine sounded real "tinny". Go get yourself some of that expandable foam insulation in an aerosol can. Spray that inside the square tubing of the stick/rail and it will quiet them down a LOT. If the tubing is long, put a piece of 1/4" flexible hose on the end of the spout and you can start from one end of the stick/rail and pull it out as you are filling it with foam. Let that dry. Now if anything hits the sticks or rails, the sound will be muffled. When using that stuff, wear latex gloves and be careful not to get it all over everything.

Also, get some of those rubber furniture feet. I used 1" feet for my Rapid Rails. Put them on the ends of the square tubing. That will make them a lot quieter when setting them on a tree. This may not be an option for a lot of sticks out there.

Lastly, go find a crazy looking tree next to a well used trail and have fun.

Quick Reply: CLIMBING STICK USERS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.