Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 ABOUT POLL KILL OR HARVEST >

ABOUT POLL KILL OR HARVEST

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

ABOUT POLL KILL OR HARVEST

Old 09-27-2006, 12:43 AM
Typical Buck

Default ABOUT POLL KILL OR HARVEST

This is something I never put a lot of thought into until a couple years ago. As sportman we use the word kill not putting much into it however, anti-hunting groups and non hunters take offense to it and puts us out there for attack from them. I don't know why but when we use the word harvest they not pay much mind to it. I belive it comes down to the would kill being a word that catches everyones ear in a room while harvest does not.
Good Hunting.
Old 09-27-2006, 03:49 AM

Default RE: ABOUT POLL KILL OR HARVEST

Farmers Harvest their crops,----- I kill deer!!!!! Always have , always will.

Good Hunting

God Bless

P.S. - I make no apologies for my Hunting. God gave me the animals of the world to use. And if it is ok with God then it is ok with me. It was man who invented political correctness. And, I answer to no Man. If you , "the hunters " can't stand up for yourselves and what you do, hunting ( killing ), then no one will, and we have already lost " the Fight ".
Old 09-27-2006, 04:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree 100%, God gave me ponited teethso i can eat what i kill and molers in the back to grind what i harvest out of my garden!!! Walt
Old 09-27-2006, 06:28 AM
Dominant Buck

I agree! God gave me thecerebral skillsto make money to buy the equipment(i.e. bows, arrows, etc...)that KILL!!!!

That samebrain ........that's larger than most animals.....is capable of discerning when and where and in what company to use words such as "Kill". So as not to ever have to worry, though....I choose "harvest".

Jeff

Old 09-27-2006, 06:38 AM

I have no problem with either word, or "took", "arrowed", "stuck",...etc. I know what they all mean and don't look for any other meaning other than the hunter released an arrow, that arrow delivered a fatal blow, the animal expired and the hunter retrieved the animal for use. The fact that it happens to be fun is what some people can't understand and that's o.k. - probably because they've never tried it or they were raised differently and have had no exposure. To that I say, don't complain about them, educate them and invite them hunting with you.
Old 09-27-2006, 11:33 AM
Fork Horn

I just wonder what they (anti's) think the slaughter houses do to the chicken, turkeys, steers, etc.?

Harvest them by electrocution or bolts in the brain?
Old 09-27-2006, 12:01 PM

ORIGINAL: MichaelT.

Farmers Harvest their crops,----- I kill deer!!!!! Always have , always will.

Good Hunting

God Bless

P.S. - I make no apologies for my Hunting. God gave me the animals of the world to use. And if it is ok with God then it is ok with me. It was man who invented political correctness. And, I answer to no Man. If you , "the hunters " can't stand up for yourselves and what you do, hunting ( killing ), then no one will, and we have already lost " the Fight ".
YEA.... What he says.
Old 09-27-2006, 12:05 PM
Typical Buck

I say kill, I dont care if it offends anybody thats their fault it offends them, KILL KILL KILL. I am dragging out a dead deer not a bushel of corn for crying out loud.. Also the word TOOK, where did you take him, Out to dinner perhaps..
Old 09-27-2006, 12:51 PM

According to Webster, "...1. To get into one's possession by force, skill or artifice, esp.: a. To capture physically; seize (take an enemy stronghold) b. To kill, snare, or trap (e.g. fish or game).

"Take" sounds like an extremely spot-on word according to the very first definition by Danny himself.

In fact, having looked it up, I like take or took better than any word I've been using. By golly, I'll start using it more. Hmmm.
Old 09-27-2006, 01:18 PM
Typical Buck

Well take yourself elsewhere.... HAHA just kidding man what ever you prefer...

Quick Reply: ABOUT POLL KILL OR HARVEST

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.