Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Well boys, bought a new bow today... >

Well boys, bought a new bow today...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Well boys, bought a new bow today...

Old 09-26-2006, 10:12 PM

Default Well boys, bought a new bow today...

As some of you know, my bow issues as of late ended today when I sold my Bowtech on Ebay.
It was off to the shop for me, a new shop where someone had put in the good word for me. I was told that the shop was aware of my "issues" and that they would be more than willing to take the time for my to get setup properly. The shop, I should note, is located in Middleburgh, NY...goes by the name of The Archery Connection.
I got there late, but the owner Bruce didnt seem to mind. We started setting up bows right away to shoot. I tried the following bows in the following order...Darton Marauder, Mattews Switchback XT, Hoyt Varportech (I pulled this one halfway back and didnt even try anything after than). I also shot the owners Swtichback XT and his Marauder. Not being impressed, I looked down the line of bows, and noticed a longer ATA bow in the center. Turned out that Darton Tempest was perfect for me. 50-60#, adjustable from 26.5" to 30" without new cams. Anyway, I shot it, and was instantly impressed. Hardly any shock, it felt smooth in the hand after release, and seemed overall to be morestable in my hand than any bow I have shot in a while. The draw legnth is also adjustable by the 1/8", which made me feel great about really advancing my form.
Overall, I was really impressed. At this point it was already 10:30 and time to go, so we arranged to meet up again on Friday to fine-tune the bow and, of course, pay up.
I cant wait for Friday!
Old 09-26-2006, 10:16 PM

Default RE: Well boys, bought a new bow today...

Well at least you find one that fits you better and that's all that matters.
Old 09-27-2006, 04:50 AM
Typical Buck

Why did you sell the Bowtech?
Old 09-27-2006, 05:02 AM

Congratulations Campo, on your new Darton. I have never shot a Darton, but I have geard some good things about that brand. I know, come Friday, you will be like a kid in a candy shop, and rightfully so. Every bow manufacturer can put out a "lemon" now and then, but it would seem your days of trouble are behind you. So go get your bow Friday, and put some meat in the freezer.

Good hunting

God Bless

Old 09-27-2006, 05:49 AM

ORIGINAL: NavyDeerHunter

Why did you sell the Bowtech?
http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1714998&mpage=1&key=&#171499 8
Old 09-27-2006, 05:58 AM

i think you'll like the little longer ata bow, and darton is as good a choice as any. because of a good friend i know that if you do something really dumb to your bow, and just fess up when you call them, they'll take great care of you. i'm sure they will if something happens that is not your fault also.
Old 09-27-2006, 06:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Glad to see Bruce got you fixed up, they are a bit closer to you than Lemme's and I know Mark and Bruce will take care of you down there. They have a great rep and facility there.

And to clarify for others, I don't think there was anything wrong with the bowtech, the main problem was that the original dealer did a pretty poor job setting up the bow, had it way out of spec and out of tune, and had him at least a full inch too long on the draw because that was what the dealer had on the shelf.After trying to solve so many issues with the bow, I don't think John had the confidence in this equipment that he was looking for and decided it was easier to sell and start over.

Darton has some great bows and if I wasn't shooting Mathews I would more than likely be shooting a Darton, they may be one of the most under rated bows on the market right now. I almost gota Tempest myself as a hunting bow for this year.
Old 09-27-2006, 07:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on your new Darton, I wish more dealers carried them down here. ( I can't say I've ever seen one ina pro-shop)
The look great and probably shoot as well as they look- heck they are the one's who originated the cam 1/2 if I'm not mistaking.

Almost time to take it hunting, good luck!
Old 09-27-2006, 08:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats Campo. Glad to see you took the time to find the bow that felt right. I have several friends that shoot Darton bows and have not heard one of them complain. Good luck getting her setup and ready for the field.
Old 09-27-2006, 02:56 PM
Spike

Congrats on the new Darton. My family and I have shot Dartons for a lot of years and haven't had a single problem. I want to get a new one myself, but can't reason it right now with a house purchase coming up. I'm currently shooting a ten year old Darton Raider at 285fps with thousands of arrows having gone through it. I've always been curious why they're not more popular.

Quick Reply: Well boys, bought a new bow today...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.