Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Doe in Heat

Old 09-26-2006, 02:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Doe in Heat

do you guys ever use doe in heat scent in early season such as now. Deer are curious animals and i figured it could be succesful in drawing them in a little closer.Just a thought
Old 09-26-2006, 02:20 PM

Default RE: Doe in Heat

It could work in reverse as well. Deer know best when does should start going into heat.
Old 09-27-2006, 07:42 AM

Cougars09:
Factually speaking, bucks shed their velvet when their testosterone levels rise. The elevated testosterone levels makes the " ready for business". After the bucks shed their velvet theyonly need an estrous doe to breed. The limiting factor in the breeding cyle is the doe's estrous.
We use estrous products in early season to atttact bucks. Bucks will react positively to freshly collected doe estrous. Freshly collected does estrous is available from Southern Whitetail Scents, Northern Whitetail Scent and Stonycreek Whitetails usually after Oct 15th. We use products from Southern Whitetail Scents and have done very well the last two years.
www.southernwhitetailscents.com
Old 09-27-2006, 07:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

Not this early in the season it might spook them , I would wait until the end of Oct. and the first two weeks of Nov. to use that kind of sent.
Why don't you use reg. doe pee or Trails End 307 they work for me in the early season.
Old 09-27-2006, 10:31 AM
Boone & Crockett

If you insist on using a "deer scent" you'd be better off with a buck scent this early in the season.
Old 09-27-2006, 04:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

well i was just wondering, i thought about it today