Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bowtech isnt working out for me...now what? >

Bowtech isnt working out for me...now what?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowtech isnt working out for me...now what?

Old 09-25-2006, 05:30 PM

Default Bowtech isnt working out for me...now what?

It is a long, long, long story, and many of you Im sure have seen the posts about me trying to get this Bowtech to shoot right for me. After countless hours, alot of extra dollars, and several trips to Albany to tune...it just isnt working out. I dont know why, I am not expert. One thing is for sure, I have 0 confidence in this thing, which isnt good, especially 3 weeks before the opener.
I have decided to get rid of the Bowtech, and get either a Hoyt Trykon XTor Switchback XT. I am sure that some of you are going to scoff at my hastiness at giving up on the Bowtech, but it has cost me a month of shooting, alot of time from my first year of teaching, and more money than I really want to spend after the bow was initially setup.
So...I am left with two options. The easiest bow I have access to is the Trykon XT's. When I bought the Bowtech, I origionally was gonna buy the Trykon, but decided not to because there were issues with my rest fitting. My being cheap and trying to save 75$ will have cost me alot in the end. Should have gone with my gut, and the bow I prefered, in the first place. My bad, that is for sure[&:].
Anyway, I am down to those two choices. Any and all input would be appreciated.
Ps. I really dont want to lose the respect of the community on here, so I will say this. I dont want this to turn into a thread bashing my decision. I feel very unconfident with this bow, and I owe it to the animal I shoot to feel as confident as possible and make the best shot possible. At this point, I feel that will be best acheived by a change of bow. Whether or not this is that case has yet to be seen, but at this point, things cant get any worse.
Thanks again...
Old 09-25-2006, 05:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Bowtech isnt working out for me...now what?

yeah, if you dont have confidence in your equipment you dont have a right to be in the woods in my opinion.I believe you are doing the right thing, its not like you had it for a week and gave up on it, you put alot of time and money in it and you have come up with a good decision. Go with you gut and get the Trykon XL, good luck on the upcomming year!!
Old 09-25-2006, 05:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I also think you made the right decision. You dont want to go into the woods with no confidence, because you know you wont enjoy the hunt. Also I remember talking to you in the Small game forum about Coyotes, are you still living in Delaware Cnty? If so there is a really good Hoyt dealer in Delhi named Mark, his place is Spring Valley Sportsmen, he is one of Hoyts top sellers, and he knows what hes doing. Pay him a visit if your interested.
Old 09-25-2006, 05:51 PM
Boone & Crockett

Though I really respect your decision to be the utmost confident in your equipment and so you should be, I'm wondering why you can't get your Bowtech to shoot. A quick set with a laser tuner and some levels and your Bowtech should be perfect, anything over that is a form issue.

Good Luck with the Trykon, it's a fantastic bow as well.
Old 09-25-2006, 06:05 PM

Sorry to hear about your luck. I thought that Rick James got you fixed up by reading one of your earlier posts?
Old 09-25-2006, 06:30 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Bowtech isn't working out for me...now what?

I have to agree with you about your loss of confidence and how it could affect your decision to get rid of your Bowtech. If you loose that, it doesn't matter what is wrong with the bow. I have been shooting a Darton compound with fingers forever and yet, I was constantly having problems. It seemed that maybe 2 or 3 arrows out of a dozen would fly well and the others just didn't at all no matter what I tried. I was half afraid of having a big buck walk out and not knowing if I would be on or off at that particular moment. Then I made the mistake of test driving a Bowtech. That was it for me. My Bowtech just shoots so smoothly and perfect that I regret not going this route a long time ago. The point here is simply that now I have sooo much confidence in my shot placement that I can group a half dozen arrows on top of each other almost every time, and I knowI willshoot that single arrow double lung when the time comes this year. And that is all that really matters after all, and not which particular bow your shooting!
Old 09-25-2006, 06:31 PM

I agree with Rob that it sounds like it could be form issues. The Tribute is a very short ATA bow that is critical of proper form. Just make sure that you don't jump back into the same frying pan by getting another short ATA bow that may give you the same problems. I'd challenge the proshop where you bought it to get the BowTech to shoot properly, if they can't then you know the problem is the bow. If they can, then you know that it's you and that you need to go to a more forgiving platform. Not second guessing your decision or saying that you're making the wrong one but I'd do some more research before I went shelling out big bucks for another bow that may not solve the problem.
Old 09-25-2006, 07:12 PM

How much do you want for your BowTech ?
Old 09-25-2006, 07:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm sorry to hear you can't get your BowTech to work for you,but you should have gone with your instinct's in the first place ,this is just one the biggest point's made when choosing . Just because BowTech siut's me doesn't mean it's the right bow for you and you knew it ,but you bought the BT anyway's ,this is where you went wrong . I hope the next time your choosing ,you go with your instict's the first time .
Don't mean to harp ,but I see where you went wrong .

Good luck on choosing this time

nubo
Old 09-25-2006, 08:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry to hear that things aren't working out for you Campo. One thing you can't rule out is the possiblity that there is actually something wrong with the bow. I know that's not what you want to hear at this point but there is that possiblity. You just may have a lemon.

My personal opinion is that if you like the feel of the Tribute then you will like the Switchback XT more than the Trykon. Honestly though you can't go wrong with either bow. But please don't just take my word for it. If you can shoot both and see which you like more.

Good luck, I hope you get everything straightened out.

Quick Reply: Bowtech isnt working out for me...now what?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.