Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Which Boots are Better? >

Which Boots are Better?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Which Boots are Better?

Old 09-25-2006, 01:55 PM
Fork Horn

Default Which Boots are Better?

Whenever I am getting ready for a hunt I usually take along my Rocky Mountain Bear Claw boots. They are waterproof and very warm in the winter time. In the heat of the day they do not make my feet sweat very much if any. I have a pair of rubber knee high boots but I do not wear them very much unless it is very wet outside. They also make noise when walking into the woods because they are not snug to your leg. Iusually wear my Rocky boots because they are tight against my feet. Even though hunters say to wear rubber boots because they don't leave behind any scent.

I am wondering if you could tell me what kind of boots you wear? If you wear rubber boots, do you wear them through out the hunting season? Or do you preferregular tied boots? Thanks
Old 09-25-2006, 02:07 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Which Boots are Better?

I wear my lacrosse uninsulated until it gets cold, then I switch over to my Danners. My rubber boots don't make any noise though.
Old 09-25-2006, 02:10 PM

I wear my rubber boots all season long. Some cold days are kinda rough, because I have to layer up on my socks and then my feet get really hot on the way out and then the sweat gets them really cold.

I continue to wear them though because they will not carry any scent like boots with leather on them. I would imagine there are better boots out there that would keep my feet warmer in the cold and be good at not leaving any scent, but I'm a cheap bas...guy and Ive always just worn rubbers
Old 09-25-2006, 02:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have 3 different pairs of boots that I wear, depending on the type of weather.

Cabelas Uninsulated Outfitters- Great pair of waterproof workboots.
Cabelas Silent Stalkers - Great pair of lightweight, tall, waterproof boot for wet conditions.

Danners - For anything else. Their for warm, comfortable, waterproof, and very durable.
Old 09-25-2006, 02:21 PM
Dominant Buck

I've got Lacrosse uninsulated for warm weather/scouting/any time I have to go into my hunting area.

I've got a pair of Lacrosse 1200 gram rubbers for cold weather. Even at 1200 gram......my feet get cold, though.

Jeff
Old 09-25-2006, 02:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

When it's wet and not too cold I wear Muck Boots. When it's somewhat colder and drier I wear Schnees Pac Boots. When it's snowy and cold I wear Rocky Bear Claws. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.
Old 09-25-2006, 02:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Lacrosse 800 gram thinsulate... Whatever the weather. If its cold, I'll wear warmer socks or double up on them if its really cold, and yeah, my feet sweat when it isn't really cold but I think they would just from wearing rubber boots anyway. At least they contain myscent.
Old 09-25-2006, 02:49 PM
Typical Buck

I sport the lacrosse uninsulated. I bought them a liitle big so I wear warmer socks when it gets cold.
Old 09-25-2006, 03:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've debated this for a while as well. I've been thinking about investing in a pair of rubber boots that are insulated. I may break down and make the purchase this year. I'll definetly check to make sure they don't make noise. Thanks for the tip.

Tom
Old 09-25-2006, 03:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

I wear the basic uninsulated LaCross "Grange" boots for most of the early season. I've found I can wear them comfortably with some of Bass Pro's "Lifetime" socks until the weather dips below freezing. Then I switch toa 1,200-gram Thinsulate version.

Quick Reply: Which Boots are Better?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.