Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 25yrds from a bedded buck! >

25yrds from a bedded buck!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

25yrds from a bedded buck!

Old 09-23-2006, 05:40 PM

Default 25yrds from a bedded buck!

I wassneeking into my favorite stand at 3pm this afternoon and i have to go through a small opening in the thick stuff that has a very small pond, (puddle) in it. When i came out of the thick brush i scanned the opening and to my surprise there were two antlers in the grass, by the time i hooked up my release, he had gotten up and offered no real shot, But after 20 years of hunting that was the 1st time i have ever seen a buck in its bed. I just wanted to share my experience.
Old 09-23-2006, 05:57 PM

Default RE: 25yrds from a bedded buck!

Nice! I have yet to see anydeer in its bed. Much less a buck.
Old 09-23-2006, 06:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

A good reason to have your release on while walking to your stand. I even nock an arrow for the walk back in the daytime.
Old 09-23-2006, 07:10 PM
Fork Horn

Never know what you might sneak up on, huh?
Old 09-25-2006, 12:44 PM
Fork Horn

Same here motownhonkey. You just never know when thatdeer is going to show itself. I'd rather be prepared than wonder. I had the opportunity last year but for whatever reason forgot to knock an arrow, and lost the shot at my first deer, which was a nice looking buck. Now I am still trying for my first deer let alone a buck.
Old 09-25-2006, 12:48 PM

One time i was out ridin one of our horses and i saw a buck layin out in a field. But thats the only time i have seen bucks in there bed. i have seen plenty of does beded down befor.
Old 09-25-2006, 01:42 PM
Fork Horn

Long time ago, when I used to trap, I walked up on a buck sound asleep on a field edge. I was 10 feet away, and we were both in the wide open. I stood there lookin at him for 10 minutes or so then he woke up, looked at me, and went back to sleep for a few minutes. Then he got up and just walked away. One of the neatest things I ever saw.
Old 09-25-2006, 03:45 PM
Boone & Crockett

Very cool and another reason to be ready and stalk your stand.
Old 09-25-2006, 04:32 PM

Are those rays good eating?
Old 09-25-2006, 05:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: DUMB BASS
Long time ago, when I used to trap, I walked up on a buck sound asleep on a field edge. I was 10 feet away, and we were both in the wide open. I stood there lookin at him for 10 minutes or so then he woke up, looked at me, and went back to sleep for a few minutes. Then he got up and just walked away. One of the neatest things I ever saw.
That would be so cool to see a sleeping deer. If it were bow season and I was lucky enough to walk up on a sleeping buck, would it be ethical to shoot it while it's asleep?

Quick Reply: 25yrds from a bedded buck!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.