Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

3 doe down!!!

Old 09-21-2006, 11:57 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: 3 doe down!!!

Yeah lets see some pics man, and that must have been some tame deer there...Wish I had a brother with that same problem....
Old 09-21-2006, 12:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

me too.!
that's a good night's killing!

Old 09-21-2006, 01:03 PM
Typical Buck

I was just wondering if it was legal to kill 3 in one sitting. Here in NH, you have to register a deer before you can take another. Was it a doe with a couple pups in tote?
Old 09-21-2006, 01:36 PM
Typical Buck

Oh I'm sorry, well, in Missouri you can take as many doe as you like just as long as you havethe adequateamount of tags. We have telecheck here so you call them in on the phone.I do or did I should say have enough just for this occasion b/c the whole reason I was there was to take these three doe. I do have pics but I have to wait for my sister-in-laws film to get developed. You know its funny b/c two came out and I took one. So I thought I was done. Well the other didn't go anywhere and I took her. Then I was getting ready to getdown and the biggest doe that I've ever seen came trotting into the garden and I took her and she dropped.I accidentally hit her spine, which I felt terrible about b/c she bellowed which I hate, but I put another where it should've went and she was done.She was a monster doe. I know people always say they've shot a big doe but this was a BIG doe. So I had three doeto cleanyesterday.All three were adult does no yearlings. They definantly aren't tame but that had a routine that they followed everyday to the dinner table. Ijust intercepted them this time. It was fun but was a long evening and a lot of work.
Old 09-21-2006, 04:45 PM

Man i am jealous, I live in upstate ny and our season doent start intel oct 14th
Old 09-21-2006, 04:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow, sounds like one heck of an evening!

You just shot more deer in one sitting than most of us will all year.

Congrats on 3 deadly shots!
Old 09-21-2006, 04:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: RTA47

I`m sure it will tast great.
Like a hint of pear with a twist of corn[:-]

Old 09-21-2006, 06:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey L.drummer69, I hoped you checked your local ordinance's cause it's not legal in every city. Most city's include the bow as a weapon, and it's stated in most ordinance's as the "illegal discharge of a weapon". That's the way it is here in G.V. and Kansas City. However, some (cops)will look the other way and don't care. Just as long as your discreet. Bottom line is ask someone, and find out, I'd hate to hear you got your bow confiscated and you having a court date, cheers and congrats. PS, if your conserned that the meat is no good, I'll be happy to take it off your hands for ya
Old 09-21-2006, 07:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Nice shooting man. Your in backstrap heaven.
Old 09-21-2006, 07:45 PM

Yeah that is frikin crazy three in one night... Man I may plant a garden

Tim

ORIGINAL: buttonbuckmaster

I wasn't talking legality....I was wondering after the first 2 got stuck...why did #3 stick around? Got any pics?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.