Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Whisker Biscuit.. Out or Down? >

Whisker Biscuit.. Out or Down?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Whisker Biscuit.. Out or Down?

Old 09-21-2006, 03:10 AM

Default RE: Whisker Biscuit.. Out or Down?

I was told the same thing about three weeks ago. Cock feather up. So I tried up and sent arrows all over the place. Switched back to cock feather out and the group tightened up. Could be user error or just one mans opinion.
Old 09-21-2006, 05:05 AM

I have always shot mine cock vain out. It gives me clearance to the strings and everything else. I am not saying that if I try it "up" it will not improve things, but I have tried to watch how everything fits together and that was what I came up with. But my curiousity is peaked and will check it both ways soon, just to make sure.
Old 09-21-2006, 05:18 AM
Typical Buck

I shoot mine "out" as well...after the advice of my local bow shop pro. She has never been wrong yet and now thinking back on the conversation she said.."out or up, makes no difference". I think I'll do a test to see if the groups change, but will wait until after the season.
Old 09-21-2006, 06:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

Down! You shouldnt be seeing much wear and tare on any of your feathers if youre tuned properly, And it really shouldnt make much difference which way. I have shot mine in every direction and they always hit the same spot. I have some preactice arrows I have used for 4 years with the original fletchings on them, each arrow has well over 5-7,000 shots. If youre seeing too much wear and tare on your fletchings retune your rest slightly. Make sure its perfectly square.
Old 09-21-2006, 06:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't shoot a WB, I shoot a drop away w/the cock vane up. An advantage of this for me at least is I can tuck my chin right into the crook between the cock vane and the left vane resulting in another anchor point.
Old 09-21-2006, 06:41 AM
Typical Buck

I have shot with the cock feather up and out but never down. I have been trying to find a secret formula for keeping blazer vanes on my arrows with no avail. They just will not stay on there, so it's either switch to feathers or buy a drop away.
Old 09-21-2006, 06:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ive been shooting with it OUT also..i mght have to try it with the vane up though.
Old 09-21-2006, 07:03 AM
Fork Horn

I've shot both ways and it doesn't really matter BUT up will give you the most clearance.
Old 09-21-2006, 07:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Cock vane up...however, the WB is going to destroy your vanes. That is the main reason I switched to a drop away. I was re-fletching arrows all the time with a WB. Now that I have a drop away...I re-fletch a whole lot less.
Old 09-21-2006, 07:28 AM
Fork Horn

I would line up my cock vayne with the opening where the arrow goes in. I see no prob with it.

Quick Reply: Whisker Biscuit.. Out or Down?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.