Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Broadheads that fly like field points. >

Broadheads that fly like field points.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Broadheads that fly like field points.

Old 09-19-2006, 08:12 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Broadheads that fly like field points.

Don't assume that any broadhead recommended here fly like "your" field tips. I've used RM Snypers and they fly like MY field tips, in fact, right now I have Muzzy's flying like my field tips too however out of a friend of mine's Darton Maverick, Snypers flew high right. Just because they fly for one guy, they may not for another. FOC changes when going to broadheads and if you don't practice with them, your asking for trouble.

My point is and will be, if you tune your bow and arrows to match, you'll get most if not all broadheads to fly with your field points. It comes down to how serious you are about your setup.

I can shoot my field points, A Muzzy fixed blade and a Expandable together. Why would I short cut that?
Old 09-19-2006, 08:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have the muzzy 3-blade 100's and have no gripes about them. However i think Rob hit the nail on the head about bow tuning.
Dan
Old 09-19-2006, 09:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: DaveC

The most forgiving fixed heads that I have shot to date have been the Stingers. They have required the least amount of tweaking for my set-ups.
Very true Dave, these heads are great. I'm currently shooting Slick Tricks, but I've shot 4 different fixed heads out of both my compounds in the last week and they all have flown excellently. These heads include ST's, Singers, Magnus 2-blade, and Muzzy 3 blades.

Rob is referring to tuning the arrow rest. You may know of this but you can go to www.eastonarchery.com and click downloads. Open the tuning guide and follow the instructions for broadhead tuning. If you do it correctly they should fly the same. Good luck and let us know how it works out.
Old 09-20-2006, 12:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Most quality, fixed blades will fly and impact with your field tips if you set up your bow.
Old 09-20-2006, 07:40 AM
Dominant Buck

I started out the season shooting expandables. After hearing some guys (whose opinions I respect) give me information.......I made the sitch back to a fixed blade broadhead (Muzzy 125gr). I'll admit that I wanted to shoot the expandables because of tuning (potential) issues. They flew EXACTLY like my field points. When I put the first Muzzy on.....and shot from 10 yds.......it hit a "hair" right. Fine. 20 yds.....just a touch more right. 30 yds....same. I mad a VERY MINOR horizontal adjustment in my sight.....and I'm back on target.

I think my bow must be in tune

Jeff

Old 09-20-2006, 03:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Since I don't compete anymore I pretty much shoot my Broadheads all the time BUT did put a couple field tips on-all the arrows hit the same. Rocky Mountain 125gr 3 Blade Ironheads. My friend lost a deer with an expandible head (don't remember the name) & I gave him 3 of my Rockies (we were on an out of state Bowhunt 2 years ago)-they shot the same as his expandibles. That afternoon he killed his animal & has been using them ever since-he's from MAryland & has taken 2 Does already this year.
Good Luck. Sometimes a person gets poor flight because the ARROW shaft size is wrong-not always the head.
Old 09-20-2006, 03:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had some wasp hammer sst's that I couldn't get to shoot worth a dime. So I ordered some sonic 100 grain broadheads because they are supposed to "fly like fieldpoints." In the mean time I went to the Pro shop and let them make some adjustments and line me out a little bit. Well the sonics shot great just like my fp. However, when I tried my wasps again they did too. Long story short. After getting my bow in tune both heads flew great. But if you want to take the easy way out, the sonics flew true even with my untuned bow.
Old 09-21-2006, 03:21 PM
Spike

I screwed stingers onto my arrows with blazer vanes and never touched my sights,swear to god,they fly better than field points,i am very impressed with both stingers and blazers.
Old 09-21-2006, 04:35 PM

Ive shot alot of different broadheads from fixed to mechanical. In my experiance i cant get any to fly exactly like field points, but some very close. I myself have found that grimm reapers fly the best for me. Not only do they fly real well they cut a nice hole. Im kindof copying someone who already wrote but the snypers are also a real good flying broad head. Goodluck this year.
Old 09-21-2006, 05:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

buy montec g5s i shot them 2 hours ago, and i slipt my feild tip arrow with the broad head arrow from 40 yards, they shoot EXACTLY the same and are really good.

Quick Reply: Broadheads that fly like field points.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.