Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 BDD - Big Doe Down! >

BDD - Big Doe Down!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

BDD - Big Doe Down!

Old 09-18-2006, 09:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default BDD - Big Doe Down!

In honor of Lee & Tiffany's theme song -- Big Buck Down, I'm singing "big doe down!"

Thinking of Lee & Tiff was appropriate, as I can't begin to thank God enough for my wonderful family -- and how my wife so fully supports my passion and how excited my son is about deer hunting.

My wife has been pretty sick the last couple days, but I thought she was sorta better when I left out this afternoon. After I smoked this doe at 4:10, I called home since I was only 14 miles away on some Conservation-owned land with plenty of daylight left; a twenty-degree drop in temperature overnight had them moving early today.

My wife handed the phone to my three-year-old son, Matthew, and he started jumping up and down. "Didja get a buck, or didja get a doe? A doe, or a buck? A mommy or a daddy?" I think he repeated that a few times before I could answer...

My wife and son met me at the parking area, and we began the trek to recover my deer -- which was about a mile away. She stopped a couple times to throw up on the way in, but never complained once. Not once. I figured out then that she had just been being a trooper andnot complaining.

It really cracked me up when my son was standing beside me and he threw up a bit when the smell of all the blood and guts hit him. I looked up and smiled and asked "Whatcha doin'?" He got this grin and said "Nothin.. just spittin'..." I think it's the first time he's ever thrown up in his life. He didn't let it phase him a bit, as a second later he was back down pulling on her ears and stroking her hair.

I'll tell details of the actual hunt later, but right now... these are the memories I'll take away from this hunt.

Here we are immediately after arriving on the scene...

Nice, long face... mature Missouri doe.

Still doesn't want to seeher go bye-bye...

Old 09-18-2006, 09:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: BDD - Big Doe Down!

CONGRATS!!!!!! Those are some great pics! The boy sure is into it, aye!!! Congrats!
Old 09-18-2006, 09:14 PM
Fork Horn

Way to go Greg. Nice shot and a nice post. You have a great family there. Hope your wife is feeling better. Usually an upchuck will perk you up a little.[]
Old 09-18-2006, 09:18 PM

Congrats Greg!
Nice pics!

Old 09-18-2006, 09:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Way to go Greg - that's awesome. Man my wife would kill me if I put a bloody deer in the back of our SUV without putting down a tarp or something LOL.
Old 09-18-2006, 09:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

That first pic - is that the entrance hole or the exit hole?
Old 09-18-2006, 09:23 PM

Thats an awsome doe man, and reminds me of me when my dad use to come home and help me get his deer, but now im always with him huntin or by myself try to get my first one with a bow, But congrats on the awsome deer.
Old 09-18-2006, 09:37 PM

Awesome Greg!

When you gonna set me up on one of those big Missouri does?
Old 09-18-2006, 09:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well done Greg, that's a good lookin doe and cute kid. Props to the wife as well, ladies like those aren't easy to come by.
Old 09-18-2006, 10:06 PM

Hey congrats on the doe, it sure makes it even better when you can include the little guys in it in some way,, I almost shot one this evening too, but decided to pass,, but really wanted to take the shot so I could go get my son to help me track it.. Priceless!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.