Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Anything else?

Old 09-15-2006, 02:37 PM
Typical Buck

Default Anything else?

I have gotten myself set up for a south wind and the weather channel says that in the morning the wind will be south south east. But my questions is about scent freeing myself. I have the arm and hammer scentless deodorant, scent away autumn blend, and earth scent wafers. I also have the no stinking bugs bug spray, it smells like dirt aswell. No I have a platic box with a snap on lid I keep all my stuff in. I have it powdered with baking soda and have a scent wafer in aswell as all my clothes and fanny packs. Then I have a sock with baking soda in it to kinda dust myself off. I will be 20 or so yards away down wind with face net and gloves on. Is there anyhting else I need to do? I know the main thing is to be down wind, but sometimes they will come from that way and I want to be scent free as much as possible. Also about 18-20 feet up. So help me out, thanks in advance...
Old 09-15-2006, 02:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Anything else?

Sounds like your the one who should be helping other people out...There is nothing left to do, you've done it all and then some,...., being 18-20 ft in the air I wouldn't worry about it, looks like you have it covered
Old 09-15-2006, 02:58 PM
Typical Buck

So everything sounds good?
Old 09-15-2006, 03:04 PM

Just a suggestion.
But what I usually do pick up some vegation of the area before the hunt. If I am hunting in a *Pine or fur* type area, i will pick some small branches and store the branches in the same bag that I store my camo clothes...that way, my clothes already have a natural sent of the area when im ready to hunt.
Old 09-15-2006, 03:07 PM
Typical Buck

Yeah I could do that aswell, does that work pretty well? I lit some straw on fire and stood int he smoke one time when i hunted next to a fresh burn, i never really thought the leaves and sticks would do that great if put with my clothes... May try it though...
Old 09-15-2006, 03:12 PM

im assuming your hunting whitetail. I have never hunted white tail before, so I am unfamiliar with there habits. But this seems to work for me, in my neck of the woods