Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Coyote

Old 09-13-2006, 06:11 PM

Default Coyote

I captured a picture of a coyote near my bowhunting stand yesterday. First of all, how much will this affect the deer on the property? Secondly, because it is illegal to discharge a gun on this property, can coyotes be erradicated using a bow? Or would it be better to trap them. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 09-13-2006, 06:14 PM

Default RE: Coyote

Shoot him with a bow..itll make the deer think twice about comin to your area..good luck
Old 09-13-2006, 06:16 PM
Fork Horn

Shoot 'em with a bow!
Old 09-13-2006, 06:31 PM
Typical Buck

deer are exposed to coyotes everyday. They won't generally affect there movements. The area I live in has a very high number of coyotes and I've witnessed 3 chases where the lead coyote was within feet of catchingthe deer. The deer will return after the coyote(s) move through. It just takes them a little while to relax. I wouldn't worry about the coyote, other hunters walking around will affect them more. I've also shot several coyotes with my bow
Old 09-13-2006, 06:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

yeah shoot him, i just unloaded on one with my .308 two days ago in the field beside my house, i dont like th things,fortunately we dont have too many.I believe preator hunting here is a year around thing
Old 09-13-2006, 06:54 PM
Boone & Crockett

Coyote with a bow? Absolutely, take a call with you to the tree.

Absolutely!
Old 09-13-2006, 07:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

can coyotes be erradicated using a bow?
Simple answer is NO! You can kill one every now and then with a bow, but you'll never erradicate them with bows!! Trapping/snaring is, has been, and always will be the most effective method of removing coyotes. Although arieal gunning is pretty effective in wide open country and is still used to this day.
The Verminators have a new dvd out called "Bowmania", it's all predator calling with bows!! Some great footage! Killing a coyote from a tree standwith a bow is one thing, but sitting on the ground and killing "called" coyotes is very challenging!
Old 09-13-2006, 07:24 PM
Fork Horn

Good lookin Coyote Rob.
Old 09-13-2006, 07:28 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Howler

can coyotes be erradicated using a bow?
Simple answer is NO! You can kill one every now and then with a bow, but you'll never erradicate them with bows!! Trapping/snaring is, has been, and always will be the most effective method of removing coyotes. Although arieal gunning is pretty effective in wide open country and is still used to this day.
The Verminators have a new dvd out called "Bowmania", it's all predator calling with bows!! Some great footage! Killing a coyote from a tree standwith a bow is one thing, but sitting on the ground and killing "called" coyotes is very challenging!
Your right, they cannot be eradicated with a bow unless someone lives and dies trying and not even then. Actually they claim they cannot be eradicated period regardless of method. I forget where, WV, VA, KS or somewhere they did a study, even if your lucky enough to take 50 % of the population, they breed it back regulating their own. Once established, they are permanante.

ps, thank you hoytarcher1, your fogiven..LOL
Old 09-13-2006, 07:31 PM

When he said erradicated i dont think he meant kill them till extention but more of able to killing one with a bow..

Quick Reply: Coyote

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.