Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Magnus Stingers

Old 09-13-2006, 08:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Magnus Stingers

Has anyone had any bad experiences with these broadheads. I have heardnothing but goodthings about them. I am thinking about ordering some. However, I have heard all the good stories about them. Surely there are some naysayers. How do they penetrate, and do they fly like field points? Thanks in advance.
Old 09-13-2006, 08:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Magnus Stingers

Sorry can't help you with what you want (bad experiences). They will be the main broadhead that I'll use again this year. 150 grain four blade 56# longbow.
Old 09-13-2006, 08:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

I can't really say anything bad about them. I shot them for a while, they fly great, are super sharp and provide awesome penetration. My only concern was the durability. I had a couple of the main blades bend after shooting them into a block. I didn't notice until the same arrow repeatedly shot bad, it was slightly bent. All in all, I would shoot them again. They are in my top 2 favorite heads.
Old 09-13-2006, 08:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Everything i have heard over the past couple of seasons has only been good things.
I ordered mine on friday andthey should be in today

Old 09-13-2006, 08:51 AM

if u shoot them many times into a target the main blade will bend a little nad the will not fly the same, that is the only problem that i have had with them. i spin tested them before and the spun true after several shots the did not, i replaced the blade and the spun true once again. but other thanthat there are a great bh.
Old 09-13-2006, 09:17 AM
Fork Horn

I shot them for the first time this week. For the past 4-5 years I have used mechanicals. These things fly just as good. My shots hit exactly the same as my field tips. I didn't experience any bending and I shot them a lot. Not saying it doesn't occur, but I didn't experience any.
Old 09-13-2006, 09:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

I love them, cant say anything bad bout them...
Old 09-13-2006, 09:34 AM
Fork Horn

nothing bad here.....

we may have another singerfollower
Old 09-13-2006, 09:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have not had any problems with the bending either. I have used the same broadheads for 3 years now and I shoot them alot every year into a broadhead target and they are still flying great. Penetration is awesome to say the least. I am 100% satisfied with them. The only new broadheads I will try are the Buzcut Stingers.
Old 09-13-2006, 11:11 AM

I tried using the stinger 4 blades last year and could not get them to fly straight. They would always plain high and right. I replaced them with my trusty slick tricks and was hitting dead on. I will say that they are the sharpest blade i've ever seen straight out of the package. If you can get them to flystraight for you, they're a great blade to use.

Quick Reply: Magnus Stingers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.