Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 WHA & Farbman on the Daily Show >

WHA & Farbman on the Daily Show

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

WHA & Farbman on the Daily Show

Old 09-13-2006, 03:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: WHA & Farbman on the Daily Show

The smartass in me who loves Jon Stewart and the Daily Show laughed my butt off during the whole thing. They did a GREAT job at making Farbman and the WHA look like idiots. Clever editing on their part? I'm sure, but it was a job well done.

The hunter in me doesn't know if I should cry or vomit about the entire situation in general. The WHA undoubtedly puts all hunters in a bad light, regardless of where or how it is portrayed.

In the end I think its rather ironic how Mr. Farbman was willing to put himself out there on a nationally televised show with the risk of looking bad just to defend his "non-fatal hunting" and then later on completely changed the format of the entire thing. If he truly believed in what he was doing and that this wasn't about the money but rather exposing people to huntinghe would've stood by it until the bitter end instead of caving in when he realized it wasn't going to work and sthen till trying to pick up the pieces and cash in.
Old 09-13-2006, 06:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm so glad I didn't return that guy's call from the Daily Show. I would have come off looking like an idiot too. Those guys on the Daily Show are great at that.
Old 09-13-2006, 07:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

That was funny. Could they find a bigger redneck to portray us all!

The name Farbman truly fits that face. He looks as dumb as he sounds.
Old 09-14-2006, 09:08 AM

watched the vid.... funny as hell... just like the rest of the Daily Show's stuff.

But for competition...why isn't the guy just jumping right ahead to "ManHunt" and having guys dart their competitors?
Old 09-14-2006, 09:55 AM
Dominant Buck

I'd like to see the UNedited version of the whole thing. You could tell ALL the shots from behind Farbman were staged to let the interviewer make him look like a complete jackass. Would any of you sit still for that? I know I wouldn't. I also believe they edited many of Farbman;s responses (ex. - the pause/no comment). That wasn't a hard question.

I don't give Farmban much credit......simply for agreeing to do this interview. It don't take a NASCAR fan to reali......sorry. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what they're going to do to you....if you agree to do that show.

Go Mark Martin.

Jeff