Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

FURIOUS!

Old 09-13-2006, 06:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default FURIOUS!

Two days ago somebody broke into my dad's tower blind and stole his rangefinder, binoculars, and shooting bags. Then they stole his corn feeder from his field! He keeps it locked all the time. Somebody must have known where he hides the key or they picked the lock because they locked it up after they ripped him off.

I'm so ticked off. I would be less angry if they stole it from me instead of him. He's worked 30 years to be able to afford his own hunting place and he's had nothing but trouble with trespassers and now this. He's so fed up he's ready to sell the place. What is with people?
Old 09-13-2006, 07:08 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: FURIOUS!

I just don't understand it. I'm sure that's a real blow for you, your dad. It only takes a few bad apples to ruin the crop and there seems to be too many rotten ones out there from all the posts I've been reading lately. I feel for you and your dad - and for all the others that have been ripped off. Kinda makes you want to set upa trap doesn't it? (of course I'm talking about a stealth cam and not buck shot!)
Old 09-13-2006, 07:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

My friend has had his hunting club camparea broken into two times this year. They broke into all the trailers and stole the hunting gear the first time. The second time they stole all the copper wiring. Most likely drug addicts supporting a habit. If you have the money I'd post infrared (no flash to notify the thief) trail cams over your stuff (mounted up high in a tree, pointed down). If you have repeat trouble it could help stop the thieves. That's whatmy friend isdoing. Sorry for your loss.
Old 09-13-2006, 07:17 AM

That reaaly stinks man, but why did he have these valuables locked up out in the woods? At least he could have cut his losses at the feeder. I hope you find who did this and set them straight.[:@]
Old 09-13-2006, 07:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hate to hear things like this! Everybody hates a thief and know your pain!
Old 09-13-2006, 07:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hearing of this, just makes me puke. It's sad to see what's becoming of society today.These people are just STINKERS! Experiencing something like this also breaks ones spirit as well as createsa horrible feeling.
Having experienced theft from my farm myself, there's very little I can offer for comfort, just inconsolable.
Unfortunately if we were to find these criminals ourselves and deal with them in our own way, it wouldn't take long before the cops get to us--but trying to get them to go after these bastards is another story all together.
Old 09-13-2006, 07:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Do you have a trail camera? If so find the path they are taking into the blind and put the camera up hidden well. Put a $50 bill in the blind that is within site of the windows. Have them arrested when you find out who it is.
Old 09-13-2006, 07:35 AM
Typical Buck

Dig a pit trap then the next time they come waltzing in they have a nice little fall and then you get to piss on them!
Old 09-13-2006, 07:41 AM

man that really torks me off even more hearing that ., 2 days ago somebody broke into my garage and stole my bow.,arrows.,and case., and my season for minn. starts this saterday ., luckly i brought all my other stuff intot he house., but i really feel for ya and sorry to hear aobut that ., one day i would like to catch these ., these ., well you know what im trying to say ., !!
Old 09-13-2006, 07:50 AM

I could not imagine what that feels like. I have had three stands stolen and one camera but that was on my neghbrs property. If some was steeling off my own protpety not to mention breaking in. BUTHEADS!!

Tim

Quick Reply: FURIOUS!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.