Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

PUMPED!!!

Old 09-13-2006, 05:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default PUMPED!!!

Well I decided to move my last ladder stand lastnight, unfortunately I didnt get it moved,too many skeeters. I did mange to get it down and home for a little maintanance. Well me and the father in law decided to run back up the road on our other peice of property to see fi we could find the nice 10-12 pointer I had seen ealier, well we didnt see him, but while driving our Gator down one of our roads called the Outhouse Road (name speaks for its self) we noticed something along the edge of the road. A big scrape! We thought maybe a turkey, but if that doesnt get your blood boiling I dont know what does. I thought to myself for a minute, hey wait it seemsa bit early for scrpaes, we dont normally start seeing scrapes in my area on the roads untill about the 2nd week of October. So we drovefurther down the road and didnt see any more scrapes. Hmmm. Well on the way back we stoppedto investigate the scrape and some ofsurround area andtrees. Withfurther investigation we came to the conclusion that the scrapethat was made was made only moments before we had originally spotted it. Do to the fact that it had finally stopped raining for the first time in 3 days. It was fresh and the tine marks were deffinate, this was no turkey scrape. The scrape is about 17 inches across. Well we started thinking, wheres the rubs. I havent seen one rub yet of course its a bit early form Central Wi. Well we happend tool on the east side of the road and sure as heck theres a rub just off the road about 8 yards. I was going to bring my camera and post pictures but forgot to bring it with me. [:@]. If I get the chance this evening Im going to go get some pictures. Well we decided to leave that area and drive around the field. Well we got to where my primary ladder stand over looks a 10 acre corn field and long and behold just on the outside edge of the field and woods where we cut a small clear cut for logging another scrape. This one was nice to see too but it wasnt near as nice and asfresh as the big one, This one was maybe about 9 inches in diameter. Im still PUMPED!!! Also to let you know where we found the big scrpae is no where near where I spotted that 10-12 pointer. The big buck was spotted way on the opposite side of the property and was comming from the west moving east. So hopefully by the time I get done with some training for work and get all the way back to my office punch out and get home I will have enough sunlight to go out and get some pictures. I came in at 5:30 and will be leaving here at 7 to go to Wis. Rapids from 8-5. Looong Day and all Ill be able to think abotu is that scrape and this weekend....opening day ohh yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-13-2006, 05:27 AM

Default RE: PUMPED!!!

I would be pumped also......good luck to you!