Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 sonic head,good or bad? >

sonic head,good or bad?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

sonic head,good or bad?

Old 09-12-2006, 03:05 PM
Fork Horn

Default sonic head,good or bad?

Are the sonic heads as good as they say?Ive heard that they fly just like FP do u know if this is true?How well do they penatrate?Thanx 4 the help
Old 09-12-2006, 03:55 PM

Default RE: sonic head,good or bad?

I recently went to their website and got one free in the mail. I was alittle worried about the tip where the blades met. After shooting it many times, it held together very well. It was really sharp, and flew just like my slicktricks, which no other heads have done for me. All in all I would use them to hunt with. On of the best heads I have ever shot.
Old 09-12-2006, 07:27 PM

well i got a few last year and they shot great!!! but i never shot any animals with them.......untill....... tonight! I wacked a ground hog i have been trying to get for like a year!!!!
He was a big sucker. I missed him last year and i missed him this year but then tonight i followed him out back and he tried to out smart me and i went the other way around the wood pile and we poped out 12 yds away from me. And i drew and shot! all i saw was that arrow goin right for his shoulder and then the next thing i hear a smack and the hog runs under the wood pile and my arrow was stuck in the ground. I thought i missed him because of how fast the arrow went there. But when i looked at my arrow there was blood all on it. And blood goin in to his hole. So i made a good shot on him and the sonic head went threw like nothing.
Old 09-12-2006, 07:34 PM
Typical Buck

I hear the tips dont hold up too well, But I dont have any personal experience with it.
Old 09-12-2006, 07:42 PM

If you go to their website they will send you a free one to try. I got a free one comming my way soon from their site. I was interested on how well they shot. I would suggest that you do the same and shoot the free one, then determine if you want to buy a pack.
Old 09-12-2006, 07:46 PM

the blades did hold up to well the hit the dirt after going threw the ground hog and they were all ched up.
Old 09-12-2006, 08:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just bought a pack, they really do fly just like field tips. I know what they say abuot the blades staying together. You just have to make sure the nut is screwed on tight, thats all. I guess the blades were sharp enough. I was a little worried about the blades sharpness, maybe because I felt my girlfriend's thunderheads and those things are deadly sharp. I dont think these Sonic's were quite as sharp. But as long as you hit the deer in the right spot, youll be fine.
Old 09-12-2006, 08:19 PM

Killed a buck and a doe this tear with them and they worked great. They fly like bullets and penetrated very welll.
Old 09-12-2006, 08:19 PM
Boone & Crockett

I ordered a free one to try. I shot it tonight and yes, it did shoot with my field tips, thing is so do Muzzys and RM Snypers, it's called a well tuned bow/arrow combo...that's what you need first.

Now my only concern with these Sonics is the small cutting diameter and IF they stay togeter on bone? I'll never know unless I try them and with all else being equal, I'll stay with the larger cutting Muzzy and Snypers which are just as accurate.
Old 09-12-2006, 08:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Why cant i find on their website the free broadhead? I looked all over.

Quick Reply: sonic head,good or bad?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.